What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steyr G62 (Steyr Arms G36 upgrade)

Barn Owl Lover

This is kinda an HK, kinda not. It's basically Steyr re-engineering the G36 to use an aluminum receiver and a Steyr made barrel. Article (in German with video) here:

This goes along with HK's own efforts to improve the G36, such as the A3/A4/IDZ variants and the HK233.

flybynt

This is kinda an HK, kinda not. It's basically Steyr re-engineering the G36 to use an aluminum receiver and a Steyr made barrel. Article (in German with video) here:

This goes along with HK's own efforts to improve the G36, such as the A3/A4/IDZ variants and the HK233.
I rember seeing this a while back. While interesting its has never went anywhere and tbh its not my cup o tea.

Barn Owl Lover

Steyr also teamed with Rheinmetall to make an AR-15/AUG hybrid rifle that though interesting didn't really go anywhere. The HK433 is a new design, and HK are seemingly getting ready to market it, but I doubt it'll be purchased by the German Army in worthwhile numbers at least. At least some countries and LE agencies are looking for new 5.56mm and .300 BO rifles and PDW carbines.

Barn Owl Lover

Personally I'm waiting for more info and such on the 433, which is G36 meets SCAR meets 416 and it something a bit different. Between the upcoming Concamo photo and video shoot stuff and what I've been told by others, that probably won't be too long now.

But it seems that some G36 upgrade might be happening for the German Army, either based on the HK233 or the A3/A4/IDZ versions. The decision on what the German Army/German Government will do has been pushed back to after the elections this August.