What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SW MP5SD suppressor thread pitch

Grease Gunner

Does anyone know know off the top of their head what the thread pattern is for a Special Weapons MP5SD Barrel? I was told it’s not the same as an HK SD....so help? Lol

AGG

Staff member
I would think that it would be 18x1 (Metric) like most others. :unsure:

Tony

Grease Gunner

The place I’m getting these from said an RDTS SD suppressor wouldn’t fit down over the barrel. I should have them in hand by the weekend so I’ll be able to try my read HK SD can on them. Need to know so I can order tooling to make some :)

AGG

Staff member
The place I’m getting these from said an RDTS SD suppressor wouldn’t fit down over the barrel. I should have them in hand by the weekend so I’ll be able to try my read HK SD can on them. Need to know so I can order tooling to make some :)

Keep us updated. ;)

Tony

ORL-LLC

I have a German MP5SD and an RDTS 45SD,
but the last time I tried to remove the German one, the Carbon had build up so much at the ports I couldn't remove it :(
I will try again tomorrow

I Know, I Know, but was taught NOT to clean until they quit functioning.
When I bought the SD, the guy had two of them and I told him I would buy which ever he could remove the can.
He thought that a strange request, until he tried.

AGG

Staff member
I have a German MP5SD and an RDTS 45SD,
but the last time I tried to remove the German one, the Carbon had build up so much at the ports I couldn't remove it :(
I will try again tomorrow

I Know, I Know, but was taught NOT to clean until they quit functioning.
When I bought the SD, the guy had two of them and I told him I would buy which ever he could remove the can.
He thought that a strange request, until he tried.

Hope you're not in a critical situation, and this is the only weapon at hand. ;)

Tony

Grease Gunner

The ONLY time my Krink ever failed was after I cleaned it.
It wasn’t “seasoned” properly lol

Back when I used to go trap shooting, my Y Model 12 Winchester NEVER saw a brush, mop or any kind of bore cleaning. I’d pull the bolt and trigger group to clean those, but the bore never was. I swore by the fact that the dirtier that bore-the better it shot. If I cleaned the bore, I’d have to shoot 50-75 shells to get back to my normal hold

Last edited:

ORL-LLC

O.K.

Thread pitch on the German MP5SD is 1mm as expected ~ 0.662" ID can threads
the RDTS .45 SD Can is 20 tpi and ~ 0.667" ID can threads

Interesting, Ralph put a restrictor in so the .45 CAN STOPS ~ 1" from the threads to keep us from accidently doing something stupid.
SD-Threads.jpg