What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on this MP5 article??

flybynt

Apparently no one has either converted a 9mm MP5 to BHO or built one from a flat.
It's more complicated than just building from a flat and using 10/40 bho parts.

The mp5 40/10 bho design doesn't translate well to 9mm on the gun itself because of mag well geometry and the size/dimensions of the mags. Not to mention the modifications needed to the mag body itself including a new mag follower. These changes mean the way the follower would need to present to the bho axle and trip in order to activate the bho release lever also needs adjustment.

Not a trivial amount of work to make it work with mags of varying tolerances. Also it's problematic unless you also control the mag production and people's desire to run std non bho enabled mags.

You don't have to look far to see how Bailey messed up the 10/40 mags for an example of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

31ST MEUSOC

Ok I read this article had to step away think on it now I will comment on this in a min. Ok min is done the writer of the article sounds to me he has never um ?
What can I say here yeah this person has no experience on weapons I mean Carbines to sub subguns are two different animals two different missions specifics and knowing which tool you need is for someone who is well trained and proficient with his weapons.
I have had the luxury of using Uzi, MP5 M16 carbine ect the reason for the MP5 being so prolific to me is I can literally mag dump 28rnds dead center mass all rounds hitting the x ring is one and the only reason why everybody comes back. The first time I had ever shot one I was F#cking stunned I thought I was shooting a 22caliber training weapon. After the low recoil you have reliability the fact YOU know your weapon is superior high quality gives you that fuzzy feeling you know your about to kick ass and take names.
As for the last round bolt open who really gives a f#ck drop it and go for secondary until you have a lull in the action that goes for any primary especially in CQB distances. The click no bang isnt shit I saw guys reload the MP5 just as fast as loading the M16 and that's a fact take the average soldier against a fast react group the amount of rounds fired, mag changes, dummy round training is far different the a standard line company.
As for the carbine the military decided to go cheap why have two weapons systems when we can have one same maint, weapons training and same weapons platform familiarization. As for weight I never thought in my mind the MP5 was heavy then again I wasnt down in my mom's basement playing asteroids either.
Anyway I dont want to insult the guy but the things he is talking about he knows nothing about I would take the MP5 over the UMP because to me the UMP seems to do a rocking up and down motion to me it's annoying on the recoil in full auto.
The last thing is accessories really for subgun distances all you need is a light I mean comon we are talking like 25 to 75 yd shooting do you really need a optic? Not saying you cant but really it's not a deal breaker Anyway I hope others chime in this is intresting.

Last edited:

Brad4065

Well with that said, MP5 in either 9mm or 10mm is still my fave.

Next in line.....HK53, for more punch. Just make sure you have a suppressor, because it is loud as F$ck, especially in close
quarters.

Cheers!!!!