What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trigger Guard Hump??

JD-P30LEM

HK newbie. P30SK
1. What purpose is the raised part inside trigger guard, other than to irritate my finger?
2. Has anyone seen improvement by gradually removing (sanding) the hump?

Thanks!
1676744629877.jpeg

1676744663295.jpeg

LEMming

I believe it was intended to help prevent the edge of your finger from getting pinched under the tip of the trigger as you pull it. Honestly, I've never found pinching to be an issue but, the irritation from the groove certainly is. ;) You can certainly sand it down to eliminate the groove.

I definitely recommend the mod. I've found it to be a nice improvement that fixes the problem. Sorry I don't have a better picture but, hopefully this gives an idea on how much less interference there is. On this one the sanding is rough. I'd probably recommend working down to a fine grit and polishing that area to remove any remaining discomfort after removing the hump.

IMG_20200713_075932.jpg

JD-P30LEM

Thank you so much. I have experienced trigger pinch on P320 and the FN509.

I wouldn’t expect the curved HK trigger to pinch.

Thanks again….take care!

CCT125US

I believe it was intended to help prevent the edge of your finger from getting pinched under the tip of the trigger as you pull it. Honestly, I've never found pinching to be an issue but, the irritation from the groove certainly is. ;) You can certainly sand it down to eliminate the groove.

I definitely recommend the mod. I've found it to be a nice improvement that fixes the problem. Sorry I don't have a better picture but, hopefully this gives an idea on how much less interference there is. On this one the sanding is rough. I'd probably recommend working down to a fine grit and polishing that area to remove any remaining discomfort after removing the hump.

View attachment 9594
That gun looks familiar. Good to see you over here!

LEMming

Mr. “LEMming”….. Kudos on your nickname. Well done, sir! 😁👍🏻
Thanks. It's an intentional joke. ;) I seem to have the genetic mutation in which the LEM trigger works perfectly for what I like in a defensive gun trigger while being easy to maintain performance with. On another forum filled with highly experienced instructors and shooters, it's been well established that most people don't have the same experience with LEM. It usually seems to require significantly more effort and focus to maintain acceptable performance with for most people. Oh well, more for me!

JD-P30LEM

For me, it’s not that big a jump from striker fired pistols.
Free travel + wall + break = BANG 💥
Reset
Repeat as needed until threat is stopped 💯
Or….
Repeat as needed for full relaxation at the range.