What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USP 40 vs USP 45

Ibew3ny

Ok guys. I’m in the market for a USP. Not sure if I can rent a 40 or a 45. Please tell me your experience with these 2 caliber guns. Pros cons. I have small hand and have the small grips on my VP9 and medium grips on my P30. I don’t feel comfortable with the large grips. Would love to hear your feedback on these. Tia.

McFly50

Go with USP 40 or 9mm. USP 45 is actually a larger frame and feel compared to the others and it sounds like you wouldn’t like it as much.

AGG

Staff member
Ok guys. I’m in the market for a USP. Not sure if I can rent a 40 or a 45. Please tell me your experience with these 2 caliber guns. Pros cons. I have small hand and have the small grips on my VP9 and medium grips on my P30. I don’t feel comfortable with the large grips. Would love to hear your feedback on these. Tia.

You will not be disappointed in the HK USP. :)
Find a gun shop that carries the HK line, and handle each model. :unsure:
I do not have big mits, but the USP45 Full Size fits me perfectly. :giggle:
Agree with @McFly50 --- both are the same frame but somewhat smaller. ;)

Tony

Tailflash

Just like Tony mentioned about the USP40 & USP9 having the same frame, you CAN swap complete uppers around between these common frames; just as you can with a VP9 & VP40 upper on (common) VP9/40 full size frame.
Just for giggles, I swapped out my (AG) USP9 SD & (AI) USP40 Tactical uppers over to my (AE) USP40 Custom Combat to see what that would look like. Oh the possibilities...
IMG_7156.JPG
IMG_7158.JPG
1661902123347.png 1661902239273.png

AGG

Staff member
Just like Tony mentioned about the USP40 & USP9 having the same frame, you CAN swap complete uppers around between these common frames; just as you can with a VP9 & VP40 upper on (common) VP9/40 full size frame.
Just for giggles, I swapped out my (AG) USP9 SD & (AI) USP40 Tactical uppers over to my (AE) USP40 Custom Combat to see what that would look like. Oh the possibilities...

Excellent combinations and pictures. ;)

Tony

Ibew3ny

View attachment 8737
View attachment 8738
View attachment 8739 View attachment 8740
So from what you are saying , the vp9/40 mags fit inside the frame of my vp9 9mm? I can get uppers to make it a 40? That’s awesome!

Tailflash

So from what you are saying , the vp9/40 mags fit inside the frame of my vp9 9mm? I can get uppers to make it a 40? That’s awesome!

Yes, same frame, same magazine wells; simply swap out upper slide/barrel assy and use respective VP9/40 mags. I originally bought a VP9 and the next day, HK came out with the Long Slide Kit. Now I had a spare 9mm slide laying around. Then HK started selling VP Frame Assys (complete with all the grip panels and mag loader), so I picked up one of those for my poor unwanted VP9 slide assembly. Saw a complete VP40 Slide Assy for sale over on HKPro, so I snapped that up; just had to get some VP40 mags. The VP40 is a 'snappy' round on the VP full-size frame and I have to admit I need to get used to it. Now I see HK came out with 9mm Match OR Slide Assys; yeah, somehow I see myself getting one of those too...

IMG_7161.JPG

Last edited:

Ibew3ny

Yes, same frame, same magazine wells; simply swap out upper slide/barrel assy and use respective VP9/40 mags. I originally bought a VP9 and the next day, HK came out with the Long Slide Kit. Now I had a spare 9mm slide laying around. Then HK started selling VP Frame Assys (complete with all the grip panels and mag loader), so I picked up one of those for my poor unwanted VP9 slide assembly. Saw a complete VP40 Slide Assy for sale over on HKPro, so I snapped that up; just had to get some VP40 mags. The VP40 is a 'snappy' round on the VP full-size frame and I have to admit I need to get used to it. Now I see HK came out with 9mm Match OR Slide Assys; yeah, somehow I see myself getting one of those too...

View attachment 8755
Very difficult at the moment to find anything. I found a complete Vp9L upper kit, can’t find any P30 stuff at all. Tried looking for the .40 in either he put or the p30 with no luck at all. Maybe in time. Nice pics!!