What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VP9 durability/round count

Deputydave

Chatting about the VP9 on GT and the question came up on the long term durability of the VP9. I did some googlefu and saw one with a 28k round count. I'm sure there are others as well. Seems like it would be ever bit as good as other modern poly striker-fired pistols. Especially considering HK was the innovator of the concept.

Anyone have/shoot a VP9? Impressions? Round count?

I've owned one, and the SK as well. Very comfortable, great trigger and a good shooter.

Nehalem Man

There is a grey framed one for sale locally for $600. However I guess it's not the push button mag release model?

-E-

GmanVP9

Bump. Im kind of curious about this as well. Im assuming you aren't going to run into many problems with the VP9

Crashmc

Bump. Im kind of curious about this as well. Im assuming you aren't going to run into many problems with the VP9
I've got one of the early VP9's and have never had a malfunction of any sort through 26,000 some odd rounds . I've used the same 4 15 round mags loading 10 rounds per mag. The followers have deep gouges in 'em but still feed just fine !

GmanVP9

I've got one of the early VP9's and have never had a malfunction of any sort through 26,000 some odd rounds . I've used the same 4 15 round mags loading 10 rounds per mag. The followers have deep gouges in 'em but still feed just fine !
What is considered early? Have you needed to replace anything yet?

medic15al

I have the grey frame VP9, as does my brother, and I really love the color combo!

JonFrost

I have 2 vp9's but not very high round count. However, I shoot USPSA with one of the guys on the Hk shooting team and he just sent his 3 VP9's to Hk to get resprung and he was well over 100k rounds. I am pretty sure he was referring to just one of the pistols with that many rounds, but it might have been all 3. I know he primarily uses one of the 3. I can ask him more next time I see him.

czgunner

I've probably got close to 3k through mine. I don't bother cleaning it much. Wipe it down and lube it.
I love the paddle release. It's awesome if you have small hands.