What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What????? No Love for MKE?

Nehalem Man

Bwahahaha!!!!! Second post and already stirring up discontent.

MKE been relegated to "miscellaneous" status? So disappointed. ;)

-E-

AGG

Staff member
Bwahahaha!!!!! Second post and already stirring up discontent.

MKE been relegated to "miscellaneous" status? So disappointed. ;)

-E-

I think a stern warning and potential ban are in order. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We may need to add an MKE sub-forum. ;)
Thanks for supporting the site. :)

Tony

ENDER

Staff member
I love my MKE's. All are ATI imports. I shipped one AT94P off to Curtis Higgins this summer to have him cut and thread the barrel. One AT94P remains unfired and the AT94K is a range toy sporting 'ahem' a brace at the moment. These scratch the itch and allow the real deal HK's to sit unmolested in the safe for now. They are real primadonna's and know it. 👸

AGG

Staff member
I love my MKE's. All are ATI imports. I shipped one AT94P off to Curtis Higgins this summer to have him cut and thread the barrel. One AT94P remains unfired and the AT94K is a range toy sporting 'ahem' a brace at the moment. These scratch the itch and allow the real deal HK's to sit unmolested in the safe for now. They are real primadonna's and know it. 👸

ATI is the first importer--- no?

Tony

ENDER

Staff member
ATI is the first importer--- no?

Tony
Yep, ATI first debuted them at the 2010 SHOT show. I think only 2 batches were imported. Talk at the time was that MKE wanted to raise the price something like 30-40% and ATI balked.

Nehalem Man

That may be a bit of a problem. Zenith and MKE just had a nasty divorce and Zenith is done importing them. Century is apparently the new trophy (?) wife for MKE but the initial advertised price point is much, much higher and no one has actually seen one yet. Plus, there are valid concerns with the track record of Century's quality control.

Read here:

-E-

Raygixxer89

That may be a bit of a problem. Zenith and MKE just had a nasty divorce and Zenith is done importing them. Century is apparently the new trophy (?) wife for MKE but the initial advertised price point is much, much higher and no one has actually seen one yet. Plus, there are valid concerns with the track record of Century's quality control.

Read here:

-E-
Yup. been reading about it for a while. I've made up my mind that I won't buy a pistol if Century put their hands on it.

Klaus Von Richter

Yup. been reading about it for a while. I've made up my mind that I won't buy a pistol if Century put their hands on it.
I definitely will. Century has imported some awesome firearms over the decades. I am weary of firearms Century contracts unnamed builders to make.

I just hope the price Atlantic has will come down. At that price I would just buy an HK.

esh21167

I definitely will. Century has imported some awesome firearms over the decades. I am weary of firearms Century contracts unnamed builders to make.

I just hope the price Atlantic has will come down. At that price I would just buy an HK.
I'd actually only consider a pistol from Century. They're not subject to 922r so they don't touch them. I agree it is the Century built items and contracted items that are questionable. The potential downside is that if/when these new MKE imports have issues, who will be fixing them? My Zenith MKE Z5RS had issues, but Zenith took care of everything and it ran great. I would not have that confidence with Century. They're great at importing, but that's it.

Klaus Von Richter

I'd actually only consider a pistol from Century. They're not subject to 922r so they don't touch them. I agree it is the Century built items and contracted items that are questionable. The potential downside is that if/when these new MKE imports have issues, who will be fixing them? My Zenith MKE Z5RS had issues, but Zenith took care of everything and it ran great. I would not have that confidence with Century. They're great at importing, but that's it.
I definitely agree I wouldn’t let century do warranty work one one. If their price comes below $2000 , I’ll definitely pick one up.

esh21167

I definitely agree I wouldn’t let century do warranty work one one. If their price comes below $2000 , I’ll definitely pick one up.
Yeah, that might be a price point where people with some knowledge would pick them up. If there are issues you couldn't fix yourself, they will likely be fairly minor for someone like PCS, who could tune it up for a fair price, and still be below HK pricing.

Klaus Von Richter

Yeah, that might be a price point where people with some knowledge would pick them up. If there are issues you couldn't fix yourself, they will likely be fairly minor for someone like PCS, who could tune it up for a fair price, and still be below HK pricing.
With the right tools and skills, HK builds are easy. I’d definitely pick one up sub $2k. If it ends up needing work, I’d fix it myself.

Attachments

• F0B47318-E05B-4286-B53F-4920821E4ACF.jpeg
    F0B47318-E05B-4286-B53F-4920821E4ACF.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 8