What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite, or go-to rifle?

MMissile

What rifle impresses you the most, for what it cost, innovation, and it's accuracy and usefulness? Any other reasons are welcomed! Obviously, non-shot/safe-queens don't count.
I'll post mine later.

Guyanaman1963

My 2005 Rock River 5.56. All purpose and runs like a machine.
For target and hunting... Remington 700 .308 with a 24” Stainless steel bull barrel, Leopold 24x power scope, jeweled bolt, 6oz. Trigger, Harris Bi-pod, Chote stock.

M.

Scofieauto

HK 33E pre sample with a PSG-1 stock and a G3 SG1 trigger group. Shooting very heavy steel plates @ 100yds with M193 55gr ammo.
You have to connect in the top 1 or 2 inches of the plate to knock them over, as they are tread plates off of a bull dozer. If you knock all 25 over with a 25 rd magazine you had a perfect run!
Going out Sunday to test my skills. BOB

MMissile

I've come to love my POF Revolution-308. It's the size and weight of a 5.56 carbine, multi-position gas-block/piston, fluted chamber, and as accurate as I am. It has many innovations, and fit and finish are second to none. They make a DI rifle, that's even lighter. I will be forgoing my old/heavy 7.62 rifles.....and have sold a couple, already.

Last edited:

ORL-LLC

German HK53 Postie and the Micro Galil
but when the Zombies attack I'm reaching for the Krink & RPD

Sorry, there is NO AR Love here

NorincoKid

Thats a tough one.

"Go-To" Rifle? One of the many AK's stashed away here.

But my favorite rifles to shoot, and I enjoy shooting them the most, are Mausers. There's just something about the crack of 8x57 going off and working the bolt on such a classic, old, proven action that does something for me.

Jslow

Contributing member
My go to larger rifle is a early 90’s Ruger MKll 7mm REM Mag that’s got the skeltonized Kylar stock. It’s taken many, many, many beatings in its life and that Stock is indestructible! I’ve had people want to buy it from me just to get the stock (and at a good price)!! My other go to is actually a Savage Recon AR style .556. Most accurate AR style rifle I’ve every owned.

Guyanaman1963

My go to gun that sits on my night stand is a Kimber SS TLE…. Next to to CCW P2000sk.
My go to AR is a Rock River 5.56 that I picked up back in the day when RR was still being made in the two owners garage. Its actually my favorite AR. I shoot that thing way more than my LWRC and enjoy it more.
I have the RR set up with YHM Suppressor, Surefire Quads, A2 carry handle with rear sights. Surefire light, shorty VFG, and a 3 point sling.
I’m building another AR that will replace her… Colt 10.5” Commando upper on a LMT Defender Lower with a Rare Breed FR-15 trigger. EoTech holographic sight with 3x magnifier…. At least thats the plan. Will SBR before the final assembly.

M.