What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is all the P2000 love?

ENDER

Staff member
Two more Covid pickups - I liberated these brothers from a fellow Michigander who outfitted both with Trijicon HD night sights and apparently never shot them. Admittedly, I can't shoot LEM for crap - so was very happy to find these V3's.

P2000.jpg

medic15al

I've been wanting one a while, just the magic combination of money and finding one never seems to meet up.

HKaltwasser

Contributing member
My P2000 V2 was one of my biggest regrets selling. I shot it well and have been searching for the right deal ever since. Great pieces.

ENDER

Staff member
My P2000 V2 was one of my biggest regrets selling. I shot it well and have been searching for the right deal ever since. Great pieces.
Welcome - Thanks for joining us. Same thing, sold my first one and it took years to find the right one at the right price.

MMissile

The SK model is cool, because of the size. However, I still believe the USP V1, to be the best HK plastic pistol. I've had 2000's. I really didn't understand the decocker placement.

Deputydave

49567998167_8ce680ceaa_k.jpg

Picked up this back in February. It's in 40 S&W with an extra 357sig barrel. Picked it up in a trade that was heavily in my favor. It's a V2 and found it to be extremely smooth. And I was well pleased with the accuracy. This one makes a lot of sense to make my main 'woods carry' pistol. In my area, either 40 S&W or 357sig is more than sufficient for woods carry.

Very pleased with the pistol. :)

AGG

Staff member
49567998167_8ce680ceaa_k.jpg

Picked up this back in February. It's in 40 S&W with an extra 357sig barrel. Picked it up in a trade that was heavily in my favor. It's a V2 and found it to be extremely smooth. And I was well pleased with the accuracy. This one makes a lot of sense to make my main 'woods carry' pistol. In my area, either 40 S&W or 357sig is more than sufficient for woods carry.

Very pleased with the pistol. :)

Very nice.

Tony

Hk-USPC-40

Have never handled a P2000 or a P2000SK ever, never seen one in person
I notice the front & backstraps having the texture like a USP has on it's sides
Also the full size P2000s trigger guard is shaped like the USP Compact & the P2000SK's is shaped like the full size USP
The SK also has a finger groove where the full size doesn't.
The P2000 has a more tapered front end than the SK too
Size wise they appear to me to be the same size as a Glock 19 vs a Glock 26
I'm sure they are a bit heavier & beefier, I know the P2000 full size takes a USP Compacts magazines
The differences I see are from an outsider who looks at which holster would work with what
I have been told the P2000 was an upgrade of the USP Compact with it's changeable backstraps + dished out where you're thumb & trigger finger fit
+ having the decocker on the back of the slide
I wonder if there are internals which are the same between the P2000 & the USP Compact like the sear, magazine release, trigger, trigger bar, hammer etc.?
I have what I believe is a holster for a full size USP that I got from an Officer that He used with a P2000/40 & you can tell the P2000 is shorter by about a half an inch/ one centimeter & that my USPc is about 1/4" longer than the P2000 by the holster

Great Pictures ENDER & Deputydave

Hk-USPC-40

Have noticed in my observation of P2000s that some have a huge trigger guard like the full size USPs & others one like the USP-C
I Note: in ENDER's first pic that the P2000sk has the larger trigger guard & the P2000 the smaller one?
Is there a certain year were this changed or am I missing something.
Just note that they would use different leather, I have a Gould & Goodrich Leather P2000 holster with the larger trigger guard I got in a buy from a local LEO
The P2000sk 9/40 is on my short list to replace the Glock 26 I sold..

Deputydave

While my son and I were going over some gun stuff this afternoon I pulled out the HK P2000 40 S&W (pictured above). It had been a while since I held it. Wow! I had forgotten how good that pistol felt in the hand. It just doesn't look like it would be that comfortable but there is something about it that just makes it like a hand in glove for me. So now I'm thinking about CCW this one for a change. I love the 40 S&W caliber so this to me is the cat's meow. It's even more comfortable than the USPc which works great for me. The P2000 is in V2 and is very smooth. I need to take this one to an Outlaw match and run, gun and fun it a bit. It's only a couple of ounces heavier that the G19 and about 2 1/2 lighter than the USPc.

Gives me a nice option if I just feel like carrying a 40 S&W (or even 3357sig as I have an HK barrel for it as well).

Hk-USPC-40

So the USP-C barrel will fit in the P2000 but hang out about a 1/2" or so?

OH I now see you have an extra barrel for it in the photo = Cool!!
Gary/Hk

Deputydave

OH I now see you have an extra barrel for it in the photo = Cool!!
Yep, that is the HK 357sig barrel that came with the pistol. May look into a 9mm conversion barrel ‘just because’. But yeah, handling it this afternoon really made me want to carry this one a bit and take it to a match.

Hk-USPC-40

Deputydave try the USP-C 9mm barrel in the slide of the P2000 40 just to see..
I'd be willing to bet it's the same but shorter..
You never know though..

Deputydave

Deputydave try the USP-C 9mm barrel in the slide of the P2000 40 just to see..
I'd be willing to bet it's the same but shorter..
You never know though..

First post on pg 6 shows a 9mm barrel in a 40 slide (P2000). If the USPc barrels are the same as the P2000 barrels (?) then it would work but accuracy may be a bit suspect.

In regards to Gen 5 Glock 23 vs. P2000 40 S&W:

Gen 5 Glock 23 w/loaded magazine is 34.36 ounces. 7.85 inches in length, 1.34 inches in width, 5.08 inches height.

HK P2000 w/loaded magazine is 32.76 ounces. 6.85 length, 5.07 height, 1.37 width.

So the HK P2000 is about an ounce and a half lighter, inch shorter in length, about the same height and width.

So for me, the HK P2000 is going to be an overall better choice than the Glock.

Deputydave

LOL....it was, anyways!

:LOL:

Don't get me wrong, I like Glock just fine. Particularly the 19X (I have three) and my G22.4 (with both 40 S&W and 9mm barrels). And when I found out that they were making a Gen 5 Glock 23 I was like 'sign me up'. I use to carry a Gen 3 G23 and liked it except for the finger grooves. But then I found out Glock went back to the 2-pin design (which might be fine, maybe) but also the slide is thicker and the pistol is heavier than earlier generations. So that pretty much tamed my desire for the pistol since I have a USPc40 and P2000 in 40 S&W. With the P2000 being a tad lighter with the other measurements being about even and only lacking one round it just made sense to stick with it over the Glock. Plus like I said earlier, I prefer hammer-fired when I can get it in a similar package.

If HK made a Sig P365 sized pistol with the same options but was hammer-fired I'd be all over it.

But as for the Glock 23, I'll stick with either the USPc or P2000.

And did I mention how good that P2000 feels in the hand? :)

Hk-USPC-40

You're Making Me WANT.. Stop That..
Look at the SIG Sauer P290RS it's DAO & The P365 evolved from it.. It's hammer fired BTW..
Smaller than the P239 & P225/P6
Local pawn in Louisville Kentucky had one for $325 a few months back but couldn't get them to ship it over the state line to Indiana for me & it had factory night sights too..