What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Other Collections........Post Them Up.

Nehalem Man

Obsidian... 5th. Grade geology! I thought it looked familiar!
M.
About 90% of what you find in SE Oregon is obsidian. Several large deposits in that area. The circle of smaller points are Columbia River gem points. 500-200 years B.P on average. They had a greater supply of different materials on hand. Obsidian is the exception on the Columbia even though it was only about 200 miles away.

-E-

Mitchell

I admit I know nothing about these but that is a really cool hobby. Those are amazing pieces.

How do you date them? From the several thousand year range I can see it isn’t an exact science but are the shapes the key or some kind of carbon dating?

Nehalem Man

I admit I know nothing about these but that is a really cool hobby. Those are amazing pieces.

How do you date them? From the several thousand year range I can see it isn’t an exact science but are the shapes the key or some kind of carbon dating?

They carbon date excavation sites where they find that style of point. The shapes/styles are key to identifying age and it is typically the stem/base that differentiate one from another. See pic below for different style/age ranges.

20210407_213002.jpg

Mitchell

That‘s very impressive. How did you get into collecting? Just found one and it snowballed?

copdoc

Very interesting. I would like to see more. I never find any points.

I made a few atlatles a while back and was very surprised at how effective they are. First throw with a crude one went just over 100 yards.

ENDER

Staff member
@Nehalem Man

those are very cool and intriguing. Do you hunt for these yourself? Are all those pics of original examples or are some reproductions?

Hk-USPC-40

One of these days I'll get some pictures of my KISS Collection

Arrow Heads are Very Cool..

Picked up a 4th magazine for the M&P Shield 2.0 9mm + a iTac Holster = $20ea

M&P Shield 2.0 3 Magazines.JPG

MMissile

Those arrow-heads are cool as hell. I've never found one. I did find a rock one time, that I swear was a primitive tool. Perfectly smooth grasp, and just as smooth indent... that fits a thumb perfectly. It came from a commercial rooftop, that was gravel covered.

Last edited:

ENDER

Staff member
My mother threw out my baseball card collection - anybody else relate to that? And I used to have a huge collection of sharks teeth that I found over 5 years of visiting Manasota Key as a kid near Englewood FLA.

You would swear that one or two came from a megalodon prehistoric shark. That collection disappeared too. /sigh

Guyanaman1963

My mother threw out my baseball card collection - anybody else relate to that? And I used to have a huge collection of sharks teeth that I found over 5 years of visiting Manasota Key as a kid near Englewood FLA.

You would swear that one or two came from a megalodon prehistoric shark. That collection disappeared too. /sigh
My mom threw out my Comic book collection back in the early 80’s while I was in the Air Force... well she actually gave it to my little cousins! 😂
Good Times brother!!!!
M.

MMissile

There's so much of my childhood stuff at my dad's place. When he passes, I don't want any of it. I've got too much crap now.