What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member from Germany

RustyFord

I have a rare hk model 510 single shot 12ga. shotgun.

Last edited by a moderator:

AGG

Staff member
Welcome to the site. :)
Here are The Marketplace Rules: ;)

Post some pictures of the SN and markings. 😃

Tony

RustyFord

Thank you all - I‘m new to the whole forum/thread scene and will need some advice to keep out of trouble!

So what I have is an hk 510 that I picked up in Germany about forty years ago. I haven’t done a thing with it in all that time but now curiosity has gotten the best of me. Maybe some of you can help me with the following:

- any general info
- is it indeed rare?
- is it valuable?
- what might it be worth?

Would appreciate any answers!
Paul

IMG_2286.jpegIMG_2285.jpeg
IMG_2285.jpeg

AGG

Staff member
Paul,

You are not in trouble--- we are here to help. :)
Thanks for the pictures ;)--- is this already in the United States (with no importer markings)? :unsure:
I have only seen one other (an Arlington import)--- so it is pretty rare. 😀
Difficult to valuate because I have never seen one for sale. :giggle:

Tony

copdoc

Very nice. I have never seen one. Is the 12/76 on barrel the date of manufacture?

RustyFord

Thanks Tony.

The gun is in the USA (South Carolina) and has been since 1985. I bought it from a German dealer, registered it as a privately owned firearm while I was in the Army and brought it back with an ATF import permit. It didn‘t receive any additional markings since I‘ve owned It, so I can‘t say for sure.

Its been sitting quietly amongst my collection and I recently thought it was time to learn about it. Information is very scarce and even the HK factory which is about forty miles from my home hasn‘t provided anything. The German dealer told me it was an ex-Polizei (Police) service weapon but I have no way of verifying that.

So anything you guys come up with is solid gold!

Paul

RustyFord

The 12/70 on the barrel is the German designation for the 12 gauge caliber. (To my knowledge).

AGG

Staff member
Paul,

You're welcome. :)
That is a 12/76 (presume manufacturing date)--- similar to the other sample that I have seen. ;)
However, I believe that all "HK" shotguns (except the CAWS--- prototype automatic shotgun) were manufactured by Franchi of Italy (502, 510, 512), though not marked as such (except the 512), Benelli of Italy (121 M1, M1S90, M3S90), or FABARM of Italy (SAT 8). :unsure:

Tony

RustyFord

Hi Tony, I went back to my earlier days with German weapons regarding the 12/76 marking. What is actually on the barrel is „Kal. 12/76“ which is the German abbreviation for caliber, 12 for 12 gauge, and 76 for the length in millimeter (or 3“ as we know it.

To my knowledge it is not the manufacturing date (98% sure).

Paul

Klaus

Very neat piece and honestly I didn’t know it existed. Indeed you re correct on the 12 being the bore and 76 being the chamber length in mm which is typical on European made shotguns in my experience.

RustyFord

Thanks for the warm welcome. Still hoping for any information from the experts here.

I have an inquiry open with the h&k factory (not far from where I live), but haven‘t heard back yet.

Thanks!

AGG

Staff member
Hi Tony, I went back to my earlier days with German weapons regarding the 12/76 marking. What is actually on the barrel is „Kal. 12/76“ which is the German abbreviation for caliber, 12 for 12 gauge, and 76 for the length in millimeter (or 3“ as we know it.

To my knowledge it is not the manufacturing date (98% sure).

Paul

Paul,

Apologies--- you are correct on the 12/76 caliber marking. ;)
What I meant to say was that the left barrel on the other sample that I have seen was marked "Eagle over N 76 antler KAL. 12/76 (the "76" for the manufacturing date). :)
Can you post a picture of the markings on the left barrel? :unsure:

Tony