What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AP5PDW, #28

HKshooter

Hello, folks.
I have an AP5P with stock and can. Nomenclature says this should use an 80 degree, #28 LP. I'm going to test the set up tomorrow to see how I like it.
My question is, will the gun run without the can? In my mind I see it being sluggish and having FTE problems so rather than try it and ruin an extractor spring I'm asking here. I'm asking because I want to know if I should swap LPs back and forth when I remove or use the can.

Thanks

Brad4065

Hello, folks.
I have an AP5P with stock and can. Nomenclature says this should use an 80 degree, #28 LP. I'm going to test the set up tomorrow to see how I like it.
My question is, will the gun run without the can? In my mind I see it being sluggish and having FTE problems so rather than try it and ruin an extractor spring I'm asking here. I'm asking because I want to know if I should swap LPs back and forth when I remove or use the can.

Thanks
What type of ammo are you using?

I found in my 10MM MP5 that I had to use higher grain, and never had a problem after it.

Cheers!!!!

HKshooter

Hmmm.......

When you shoot with the can, where are they ejecting.....1:00, 3:00, 5:00?
Say, 2-3:00. A few just dribbled out but most flew with gusto. EDIT: Those that dribbled were the steel case. I can tell by the sound of the rounds, even with a can, the steel was weaker than the S&B. BTW, the steel was 115gr. I only had a few rounds of it and all the remainder was S&B brass.

Brad4065

Say, 2-3:00. A few just dribbled out but most flew with gusto. EDIT: Those that dribbled were the steel case. I can tell by the sound of the rounds, even with a can, the steel was weaker than the S&B. BTW, the steel was 115gr. I only had a few rounds of it and all the remainder was S&B brass.
I'm thinking the above in green. If someone has additional info, please chime in.