What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G3k clone question

masan

Hi all. I come from the AK world but after getting an AP5, I'm hooked and I'm going to build a G3K. I have a few simple questions, I think I have the answers after some research, but I'd like to confirm. Here goes..

The difference between a G3 and a G3k in parts is the barrel, cocking tube and locking piece. Is that correct? Excluding furniture ofcourse..

Related to that, is it better/more authentic to: A) have a G3 tube cut down to a G3k size B) use a HK33 tube or C) use a PTR G3k tube?

Additionally, is the G3k carrier interchangeable with a standard G3 carrier? Correct me if I'm wrong here.... If I use a HK33 tube, I will need to cut down the carrier. If I use a converted (cut down) G3 tube or a PTR G3k tube, then I won't need to mess with the carrier. Right?.

Last edited:

OhioHK

Correct on parts… but incorrect on using 33 Ctube. The best is to either use a ptrg3k or have smith cut down a g3 - the 33 does not have correct internal length and internal cam angle for the charge handle