What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK33/53 Buffers

JSRacing

So I see some buffers are built into the bolt carriers and some are built into the buttstocks. I'm guessing the buffer in the bolt carrier is an older, more complicated design, but are there any practical differences between the two designs?

Nehalem Man

I think you are correct in that the buffered carrier is the older design. I remember reading somewhere that they began to switch to the unbuffered carriers around 1980.

From a practical standpoint, it was probably just easier/cheaper to manufacture a unbuffered carrier.

I have never heard of any performance differences between the two, only confusion as to which stock/carrier/buffer combination is the right match up.

-E-

HK53King

Hello, why so little information here about the HK53 ? I have one coming soon and like to know everything about them etc etc. Thanks!

HK53King

Hello Tony, So sorry thought I replied to your kind Welcome! Well now.... where in God's good creation can I find/ buy a HK manufactured #3 and or a #7 locking piece for my Pre May HK 53? Tried it almost all to find one.... anyone have any spare they like to sell me perhaps? Thank you!

AGG

Staff member
Hello Tony, So sorry thought I replied to your kind Welcome! Well now.... where in God's good creation can I find/ buy a HK manufactured #3 and or a #7 locking piece for my Pre May HK 53? Tried it almost all to find one.... anyone have any spare they like to sell me perhaps? Thank you!

No problemo--- perseverance. ;)

Tony

HK53King

Indeed Sir Indeed... like small bars of platinum but harder to find 🙏

Vinz Klortho

I'll use this thread to segue into another buffer question; The buffer is held in place with the large bolt inside the stock and two front screws when used in a wood stock. When installed in a plastic stock it's just the two little screws in the front, is this correct?