What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KF5 -3D printed mp5

flybynt

Watch the video from timestamp 0:42 through 1:10 for some funky KF5 fun.
Then watch the rest for a test run of the KF5 by PSR aka Print Shoot Repeat who is not the creator of the guns design but a youtuber and enthusiast of 3D printed guns.

Ivan The Troll aka NaviGoBoom or IvanPrintsGuns along with a guy named Matt from Fudbusters successfully did a CETME based design called the Amigo Grande where the FP5 design evolved from. The modifications to that design for the KF5 was not going to stress it in any meaningful way and Ivan has put several thousand rounds through his prototype. So it should be g2g as a casual shooter or range toy to explore 3D printed tech in a platform we know pretty well.

If you are interested in the KF5 you can get the STL files at CTRL-PEW and start rooting around "The Gatalog" for more inspiration.

Here is the build video for the KF5 in case you are interested in seeing it come together assembly wise once it has been printed and you have the necessary parts.

It is interesting that the KF5 seemed to digest steel and aluminum case ammo without any issues which is atypical for mp5 style weapons.

The gun is Interesting enough in it's current form and easily modified and refined if your handy with cad and 3D modeling. Think KF5-SD by just changing up the hg and swapping out the barrel in minutes. Don't like 9mm, change up the lower to have a 40/10mm magwell and well you get them idea. Don't like plastic, then send out the parts to be made using SLS or other processes. This design should begin to make you rethink our concept of the mp5 more as a platform than a specific model.

The gun is a little rough finish wise but that's easily addressed if you can do a little sanding and plastic finishing/refinishing.

Its cheap fun for around a $700 - $800 investment or less of you have most or all if these parts laying around in your parts bin. Yes you can buy a stirbog-a3 for about the same $$ if you catch it on sale, but without that guns mag related issues unless you change out the lower to use CZ Scorpion or Glock mags and then cough up several hundo more for that lower, a trigger, and some mags. I hope you enjoyed this video as much as I did even though PSR is and always has been a total goof ball.

BTW what looks like mags falling out in the video are actually PSR hitting the mag release button and in the video it made me do a double take.

Last edited:

flybynt

Nobody has anything to say about this design good or bad, or even about the dumb video? So so sad 😥

Guyanaman1963

Nobody has anything to say about this design good or bad, or even about the dumb video? So so sad 😥
Oh man… that is hilarious! It was posted here and we had A Ball with it!
Had to watch it a couple of times to appreciate it before, just as I did this time around!😎😎😎
Thanks for putting it up again!
M.

flybynt

@flybynt The write up you did was pretty cool. Makes me think I could do it …. 3d print it that is.
Problem is, I wouldn’t know where to start!
M.
Watch a few videos and dive in....i learn best by doing and learning the best ways NOT to do something 😂

We can learn together 👍

I watched it a dozen times - so euro. My kid thinks I'm a little weird.
I know me too...my daughter was like not again...pleaseeeee

AGG

Staff member
Yeah, we are very avant garde here. Been laughing at it for 2 weeks now. Tony was not amused - but then again, it wasn't a MARK23 :LOL:

3D a Mark 23--- we will talk then. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The background music reminds me of Right Said Fred (I'm Too Sexy, circa 2007): :unsure:

Tony

flybynt

The background music reminds me of Right Said Fred (I'm Too Sexy, circa 2007): :unsure:

Tony
I could have done 🚫 this ☣️

ENDER

Staff member

Tony
Thanks for the 90's flashback. And this HK slap video is still holding up 3 months later - enjoyed it again. (y)