What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MP5 22lr conversion kit-worth making them?

Grease Gunner

So I have a stupid question-would it be worth looking into reproducing and updating the Fleming and HK MP5 22lr conversion units? Given the amount of SP5’s and clones on the market these days I think it could be a worth while project.

Thoughts?

Tailflash

The rare ones I've ever seen popup on GB demanded a premium, but I seem to remember came with limited capacity mags. Now if there was a way to use the Walther MP5 .22LR Mags (may have to modify to fit magwell/mag release), I'd be all over a .22LR conversion kit in a heartbeat. Wasn't there an issue though with bolt bounce with these units? F/A capability a must...

AGG

Staff member
I would think so, for a functional unit and less expensive ammunition. ;)

Tony

MSOGDAWG

Something that may interfere with interest may be cost....many may look at cost and prefer to buy a GSG or Walther MP5.

Not trying to poo poo your idea. Just offering a thought. 😉🤙🏻

ig720

Contributing member
I own all three calibers and they run flawless with the right ammo. I'd be all over this if it happens, especially if one was to build or modify larger mags.

bystok

I'll take the other side of optimism and say that .22 is .22 and since the .22 G3 kits are already great, I think the cost/hassle factor of a kit for the MP5 probably wouldn't be very interesting relative to all the hassles that come with getting mags and BCGs to function with all the 9mm platforms outstanding (tolerance differences)....that said, if someone could figure it out at a low cost.....interesting

rand000

Contributing member
Speaking of 22lr converter kits, has anyone ever made a scaled-down (minus roller-lock) MP5 that shoots 22lr or 25 auto?
The officially licensed HK 22lr MP5s aren't made with the same quality as the 9mm MP5s and an actual 22lr MP5 would be much cooler.