What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATE - Question about RTG

Cromag

It might seem annoying to bother with, but I use visa gift cards to buy on websites alot, instead of using a credit card. I got my card hit more than once after using it at HKParts and eventually learned my lesson. Its never fun dealing with the banks after a hack so this way helps.
Amazingly, I've never had a gift card get hacked LOL.

AGG

Staff member
It might seem annoying to bother with, but I use visa gift cards to buy on websites alot, instead of using a credit card. I got my card hit more than once after using it at HKParts and eventually learned my lesson. Its never fun dealing with the banks after a hack so this way helps.

Excellent idea. :)

Tony

Nehalem Man

That's a really good idea.

I have a Cabela's Club card that is run thru Capital One. I use it exclusively for online purchases both for the points and to keep my bank accounts isolated from my online purchases. Twice the card has had fraudulent charges run against it. In both cases, I simply made a call to Capital One and they flagged the transactions and then reversed them the next day. I also had one instance where they called me asking if charges that were pending at a resort in Florida were mine. I've never been to Florida.

-E-

MSOGDAWG

UPDATE-06/11/2022
Just got a letter from NUMRICH Gun Parts, they are located in Claysburg, PA.
The letter stated that between 01/23/22 thru 4/5/22 their website was compromised. Sooooo, if you bought from them during this time frame ya may wanna watch your stuff. They claim it has been contained and they are working with Fed LE. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ So it IS NOT RTG!! I am glad I was only suspicious and not accusatory. I can tell you that RTG was polite and professional when I talked with them.

This is not a slanderous post just a friendly:
PLEASE BE ADVISED

Klaus

UPDATE-06/11/2022
The letter stated that between 01/23/22 thru 4/5/22 their website was compromised. Sooooo, if you bought from them during this time frame ya may wanna watch your stuff. They claim it has been contained and they are working with Fed LE. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ So it IS NOT RTG!! I am glad I was only suspicious and not accusatory. I can tell you that RTG was polite and professional when I talked with them.

PLEASE BE ADVISED
Interesting info on Numrich gun parts corp.Did they open a second location? I know they are still down on Williams Ln. in West Hurley( Kingston)NY. I know someone who works there I’ll have to ask them about PA.

MSOGDAWG

Interesting info on Numrich gun parts corp.Did they open a second location? I know they are still down on Williams Ln. in West Hurley( Kingston)NY. I know someone who works there I’ll have to ask them about PA.
No clue....I thought they were in NY as well but the letter shows PA.
1654988714562.jpeg

Manofdusk

UPDATE-06/11/2022

PLEASE BE ADVISED
I got the same letter yesterday.