What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The newest project......mock up looks good......

Grease Gunner

I said I’d post pics when I was to a point I could share....well here is the rough mock up of the newest HK build in the shop....my own HK21 from a flat and pile of parts! I’m waiting on the feed mech to arrive so I can start to align and weld things together but just the rough mock up this evening shows promise! I need to tweak the flat now that I have cut off the magwell but that was to be expected. More process reports when I get things done.

Attachments

• 2E073AE8-C7F1-40DC-951A-BB74E4C55DE6.jpeg
    2E073AE8-C7F1-40DC-951A-BB74E4C55DE6.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 23
  • A8082C73-8033-4611-95AB-671CF40CBC64.jpeg
    A8082C73-8033-4611-95AB-671CF40CBC64.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 23

Grease Gunner

I expect this build will take a good 20-30 hours or maybe more....nothing on this build is cheap so I don’t want to mess anything up!

Of course I’ll post progress pics and range testing both semi and full.

Manofdusk

I said I’d post pics when I was to a point I could share....well here is the rough mock up of the newest HK build in the shop....my own HK21 from a flat and pile of parts! I’m waiting on the feed mech to arrive so I can start to align and weld things together but just the rough mock up this evening shows promise! I need to tweak the flat now that I have cut off the magwell but that was to be expected. More process reports when I get things done.
LOVE IT!

Grease Gunner

Was doing some research and doing some measuring so when I start i can go for it. Going to have to cut the feed mech housing body so the mech will fit correctly and once that’s done I can trim the receiver and weld that all together.

The hard part will be welding the barrel shroud on and keeping it straight. That’s going to take awhile to keep it from pulling due to the heat. There will be more pics for sure as this project progresses along. Just hope I’m not missing any parts as it’s going to suck getting deep into the build and realize I’m missing something critical or expensive lol

Attachments

• 562447BF-CC5D-4EB3-BDF8-8DEB33146344.jpeg
    562447BF-CC5D-4EB3-BDF8-8DEB33146344.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 5
  • 2604985D-4AB2-4DF5-9BA2-64FC111BED92.jpeg
    2604985D-4AB2-4DF5-9BA2-64FC111BED92.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 5

Runningmancs

Was doing some research and doing some measuring so when I start i can go for it. Going to have to cut the feed mech housing body so the mech will fit correctly and once that’s done I can trim the receiver and weld that all together.

The hard part will be welding the barrel shroud on and keeping it straight. That’s going to take awhile to keep it from pulling due to the heat. There will be more pics for sure as this project progresses along. Just hope I’m not missing any parts as it’s going to suck getting deep into the build and realize I’m missing something critical or expensive lol
Thank you for sharing. Love seeing progress.

AGG

Staff member

Looking great. ;)

Tony