What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things have been a little slow lately. Let’s look at some machine guns.

Mitchell

And yes, I realize the AX50 is not a machine gun.

freeride1

416 with the can. Ammo/mag commonality with locals and more than capable of engaging at any distance that would make sense.

Mitchell

I think of everything on the wall I’d still take the SD. It’s old but damn, it is so controllable.

If anyone has shot a PPSh-41 it is similar, but the cyclic rate of the PPSh is higher. Of course there’s no suppressor but it is one of my favorites.

The MP7 is a close second, but 4.6x30 ain’t at every gun store, let alone Walmart.

ORL-LLC

The FN P90 is the one I was the most disappointed with.
Like Shooting .22 MAG, and FN's triggers suck.
Why would you design a trigger you had to go through semi to get to full?

But the Kids LOVED shooting it.
Still have a couple boxes of the "BLACK TIP" ammo.
I would put a Red Laser on one side and a Green Laser on the other
and used to go running around in the back yard :)

My Favorite is still the HK53,
with the MP5SD a close 2nd

Mitchell

The P90 is fun on auto but to plink with its ergonomics just don’t do it for me. It’s sight picture is difficult for me to get used to. It shoots fast and I do like the 5.7 round. But, it’s not an MP7. I’m not being funny all the women love the P90.

I think the 416 with a can in a full on zombie apocalypse is the way to go. Or a 417 for that matter. But there’s something to be said for real stealth, I haven’t found anything that can compare to the SD. In a brave new world I would take stealth over punch until it’s full on conflict. I have a G36C in 300Blk that is uber quiet and the Sig Rattler is up there too. But even subsonic 300Blk doesn’t match the SD. I just love that thing. Also, not sure about you guys but I have problems with 300Blk cycling sometimes. i do mainly shoot that crap FEDARMS put out several years ago. Still going through cases of that stuff. It sure was cheap.

freeride1

The P90 is fun on auto but to plink with its ergonomics just don’t do it for me. It’s sight picture is difficult for me to get used to. It shoots fast and I do like the 5.7 round. But, it’s not an MP7. I’m not being funny all the women love the P90.

I think the 416 with a can in a full on zombie apocalypse is the way to go. Or a 417 for that matter. But there’s something to be said for real stealth, I haven’t found anything that can compare to the SD. In a brave new world I would take stealth over punch until it’s full on conflict. I have a G36C in 300Blk that is uber quiet and the Sig Rattler is up there too. But even subsonic 300Blk doesn’t match the SD. I just love that thing. Also, not sure about you guys but I have problems with 300Blk cycling sometimes. i do mainly shoot that crap FEDARMS put out several years ago. Still going through cases of that stuff. It sure was cheap.
As much as I love my SD it's a pain in the ass. That thing gets dirty quick. A few hundred rounds and the can starts to stick. But it sure is quiet...

Mitchell

Yeah, I sonic clean the hell out of mine and I have several spare cans. Do you spray anything in the can? I have a little nozzle I made that goes inside. I spray the hell of the inside of the can with Boron Nitride. Makes cleanup quicker.

ORL-LLC

You guys CLEAN your cans?
I was told that a DIRTY CAN is a HAPPY CAN
The buildup, to a point, acts like a medium, just like water or Ultra-Sonic gel

MSOGDAWG

416 suppressed, amount of ammo I have in stock and reserve, same for mags. If needed I could use some of what I have to barter with as many many folks have ARs nowadays. Also the same principle if I needed ammo....I could barter the wife's medical practicing skills for .223/5.56.

Mitchell

No way, mine have enough carbon in them. Eventually it displaces volume and sound levels rise. The gels and water certainly work but who has time for that? Besides, that‘s a thermal dynamic ploy. I just want to shoot. I do agree they will quieten down once they are broken in but I sure will take the volume. SD cans are sometimes hard to get off when they are really dirty, especially if you’ve been shooting shitty ammo, which I do frequently.

AGG

Staff member
The FN P90 is the one I was the most disappointed with.
Like Shooting .22 MAG, and FN's triggers suck.
Why would you design a trigger you had to go through semi to get to full?

Like the Steyr AUG--- progressive trigger--- just takes practice to get used to. ;)
No need to bother with a selector switch. :unsure:

Tony

Barn Owl Lover

As AGG pointed out, the AUG is probably the most well known example of a progressive trigger. I've never fired a select fire AUG (or an AUG in general), but it's served the Austrians for almost 45 years, and it's gone though surprisingly few changes in that period. The Australians developed their own updated version called the F90 that does have a selector switch in the form of a stop that can be deployed if you want only semi-auto. New Zealand used to use the F88 AUG until they replaced it with the LMT MARS.