What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Tallahassee....

Miami_JBT

I've had a love/hate relationship with HK for a very long time. I was never fan of the USP .45 (co-worker carried one on duty back before the AWB expired instead of our agency's GLOCK) since it just never fit me right and I was deep in the GLOCK Kool-Aid. Hell, I'm still deep in the GLOCK Kool-Aid and honestly I find my Gen 4 G21 and G41 to be fantastic guns.

But I was a GLOCK guy since Bill Clinton was in office. I also had a legit HK91 and never liked it since it lacked the paddle release and my Springfield Armory M1A just was a "better" rifle. It fit me better. Then tried a Century Arms C93 Sporter and ditched that too. My Ruger Mini-14GB with factory folding stock just did what I wanted better.

But during and between all that time, over a decade ago. I bought a used USP .40 on a whim at Lou's Police Supply in Hialeah, FL. It was under $400 at the time, came with the HK Light, and a three mags. I figured what the hell, if I don't like I'll use it as trade fodder. Well, I liked it. I'm a huge .40 S&W fan and the USP chambered in it was the cat's meow. It fit me right, handled nicely, was a soft shooter,

I thought that was going to be the one and only HK I'd own.

Next thing I know, I stumble across an old stock new in box SLB 2000 for a damn good price too later on when I moved to North Florida. Bought that and man, what a hell of a rifle! I wish the HK91 was like this rifle. Accurate, reliable, fits me right, etc.... fantastic hunting gun from HK. The last of an era for them.

Then, back in 2018, Summit Gun Broker had used USP Compacts for under $400 in .40 S&W too. So I snagged that too.

Another fantastic shooter and carry piece.

This week, I went and stumbled on a really nice VP70Z for under $400 too. I know the history of them, back in the first decade of this century. I worked as a gun counter monkey as a side hustle and was basically paid in store merchandise. It was a nice off duty detail from the usual drudgery of police work.

Anyways, we had a VP70Z under the glass forever and I passed on it back then not because I wasn't interested in the gun. But because I was handing the paycheck back to the shop for other goodies like Pre-1982 S&W Wheel Guns.

Well, I rectified that and snagged this one for cheap and it is now part of the stable.

In the end, while I'm not fully converted to the church of HK. My relationship has shifted more to love than hate these days. I don't see myself buying everything and anything HK related. But I do see myself enjoying what I have and maybe in the future snagging another HK product like HK4 and a unmodified SL8.

dirtyharriett

Welcome Miami_JBT... good to see you here... we need all of the good peeps we can get.