What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.38 Special

ENDER

Staff member
So I had a client gift me a bag of .38 Special rounds. I don't own anything in that caliber - what do I buy? Who's got a favorite to recommend? - revolver, rifle, 1911 .........

38special.jpg

AGG

Staff member
S&W Model 442--- hammerless Airweight. ;)

Tony

Attachments

• S&W Model 442.jpg
    S&W Model 442.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0

Brad4065

So I had a client gift me a bag of .38 Special rounds. I don't own anything in that caliber - what do I buy? Who's got a favorite to recommend? - revolver, rifle, 1911 .........
Similar to what Tony @AGG said, but my preference is the S&W Bodyguard pictured below. You can still utilize the shrouded hammer, but still keep it in your pocket without the snagging effect. OH.....revolvers are about 100% reliable......View attachment 4977Similar to @AGG said, but you can still utilize the shrouded hammer without the snagging effect if it's in your pocket. The S&W Bodyguard {my preference is the stainless}. They're also about 100% reliable because you never have to worry about them jamming. This is what my wife carries. Cheers and good luck!!!!!

NorincoKid

Marlin makes a 38/357 lever action thats threaded...

If you have a 9mm can....that would be the route I'd go.

I'd imagine some mild 38 special loads out of that would make you giggle like a school girl.

Valmet

.38 Spl is one of my all-time favorite cartridges. Aside from my 442 PC Airweight, which I’ll occasionally ccw in the summertime, I have a S&W Mod 67 with a 6” bull bbl, worked over by Frank Glenn that is prob the most accurate revolver I’ve ever fired.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 0

ENDER

Staff member
Thanks for all the input - great jumping off point for some reading.

MMissile

What was that? Something about never giving away or selling a present? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No exactly what I'd call a "gift". And if you use it....then what? That's like someone buying you some gas for your car....

Elkaholic

Are they reloads? I have a rule about not shooting other peoples reloads myself. I do have a couple budys that I'll shoot there's' but I know how much detail they take when reloading.

ENDER

Staff member
Are they reloads? I have a rule about not shooting other peoples reloads myself. I do have a couple budys that I'll shoot there's' but I know how much detail they take when reloading.
Yes, they are reloads - and no I don't shoot anybody else's reloads either. It's just an excuse to expand my horizons and buy something new.

Elkaholic

Yes, they are reloads - and no I don't shoot anybody else's reloads either. It's just an excuse to expand my horizons and buy something new.
I totally thought that was the direction you were going :).

I can send you a hand full of reloaded 50 BMG rounds if it would help pick another one :ROFLMAO:

copdoc

Oh. A marine with a sub gun not a gunny with a sub marine. 🤷🏼‍♀️