What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Firearm General Discussion

copdoc

I got that mug from Al Mar in 1983 or 84 at a show.

Al sold his knives and worked as HK rep.

AGG

Staff member
I got that mug from Al Mar in 1983 or 84 at a show.

Al sold his knives and worked as HK rep.

I wasn't aware that the mugs were available then--- sort of discredits the BAE Systems connection, and supports the English mug makers as premier. :LOL:

Tony

copdoc

I looked at some old catalogs. They sell some of their give away stuff but I did not see pics of any of it in catalogs so far.

Since u are the ☆official HK historian☆I'll dig through to see when they listed them if you want. They prob gave as samples, then listed next year.

Yes to English and best mugs.

MMissile

I'll bet they're not so picky, now. I don't buy swag, but will bet a bunch is Asian. It's a world of bean-counters....and consumers who don't care about quality.

ENDER

Staff member
I'll bet they're not so picky, now. I don't buy swag, but will bet a bunch is Asian. It's a world of bean-counters....and consumers who don't care about quality.
More counterfeiters than bean-counters I think.

dirtyharriett

Just checked my coffee mugs... yeppers.. made in China... but they still seem good quality. To be honest it is hard to buy stuff these days that is not made there. I try every time I can to buy made in the USA but every year it gets harder. Of course this rule does not apply to my guns and accessories... lmao.

AGG

Staff member
I looked at some old catalogs. They sell some of their give away stuff but I did not see pics of any of it in catalogs so far.

Since u are the ☆official HK historian☆I'll dig through to see when they listed them if you want. They prob gave as samples, then listed next year.

Yes to English and best mugs.

Not necessary--- but if you look through them some time, then please let me know--- thanks. :)
I am not a mug historian though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

MMissile

More counterfeiters than bean-counters I think.
Bean-counters are determining where the HK swag comes from. Look at Sigarms as the transformation model. I lived and breathed SIG, till they came here, and started making rainbow and tread-pattern crap. Nothing since.