What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MP5K Registered Receiver // S&H Arms ?

Brad4065

AGG

Staff member
I'm thinking SBR?????

It doesn't have the right stock, so it's kinda pieced together.

Could be, especially with the "1989" stamping--- but I have seen S&H registered receiver HK94's. ;)

Tony

Tailflash

I'm thinking SBR?????

It doesn't have the right stock, so it's kinda pieced together.

GunBroker isn't loading pictures tonight for some reason (and yes, I de-linked CenturyLink for Verizon 5G), but there were a couple pictures of the SEF Lower with an obvious F/A trip lever & sear installed. 'Got all excited for a minute thinking someone may have chopped a SP89 up without knowing it had perhaps a registered sear in it. Considering the SP89 is a post May 86 platform, it can't be a registered receiver unless it was a postie, and that's what has me puzzled as to why someone would cut this one up.

HK Guy

I'm going to say it's not a registered receiver, probably a court ordered destruction. It would be interesting to see the pack removed from the lower. Guns were often marked on the tang when they were converted (paddle and remark). Could be a a SBR, who knows?

Tailflash

SP89 couldn't be married to a sear. I'm thinking either postie or someone got caught dinking around with a SEF grip that just happens to have a (circled) device in it... If so, doubt it was a slap on the wrist and also doubt it was an ATF confiscation, otherwise it would sit locked up in perpetual 'Exhibit A' evidence locker until 'Subject A' was eligible for release from Club Fud.

Brad4065

SP89 couldn't be married to a sear. I'm thinking either postie or someone got caught dinking around with a SEF grip that just happens to have a (circled) device in it... If so, doubt it was a slap on the wrist and also doubt it was an ATF confiscation, otherwise it would sit locked up in perpetual 'Exhibit A' evidence locker until 'Subject A' was eligible for release from Club Fud.
Yeah.......that's plausible.

And ATF would never cut it in that manner. By the time they got finished with it, there really wouldn't be anything of
use unless you wanted it as a paper weight.