What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many MP5 size weapons do you have

flybynt

Curious to know how many MP5s that you HK fanatics have in all guises, variants, and manufacturers.
I think 53s and 51 would also make the cut in this impromptu and informal survey. Trying to keep the vibe HK here so please don't include subguns or sbr's like bren's, scopion's, uzi's, AR9's or any of the b&t brood, etc.

If you have them it would be cool to see a family pic.

Last edited by a moderator:

flybynt

Does not enough count as a correct answer?
My collection has dwindled over the years...im down to 15 across all variants and manufactures.

I've been thinking about doing a .40 SD and still working on purchase of the 10mm sister gun to my .40

I also want to put few new ones away for posterity while they are relatively cheap.

So i agree with your answer...you can never have enough.

Wkw2288

I've been waiting on Senior to complete a .40SD, K-SD and several other things for quite a while. :cautious:

Nra-Life-Member

Unfortunately none. I really missed the boat on these.

My dealer has a LNIB HK SP89 - but I can't afford the asking price at this time.

Had a Steyr SPP for 20 years - but traded it as it was taking up safe space.

Last edited by a moderator:

AGG

Staff member
Unfortunately none. I really missed the boat on these.

My dealer has a LNIB HK SP89 - but I can't afford the asking price at this time..

Had a Steyr SPP for 20 years - but traded it as it's was taking up safe space..

These never took off like I thought that they would. :unsure:

Tony

flybynt

I guess im a bit of an outlier here 🤔

ghoulardi

I am not a "HK fan boi" by any means. I have just two, one is 9mm and the other is 5.56mm

Digital-Camera.jpg

hk-53.jpg

ghoulardi

I bought a BETA drum, but after one shooting session with it, I hate it with a passion. the double drum made it awkward to hold the vertical grip, like it was a "reach around". so I went down to my basement got a SUOMI drum , which I bought quite a few of them when they were Uber cheap like 15 bucks, to make a PPS-43 drum, a MP5 mag and a DREMEL and proceeded to make myself my own drum, like the C&S one. I like this far more than the BETA even if it is 30 rounds less then a BETA. because I can easily hold the VG with the drum in the gun :)

Last edited:

Nra-Life-Member

These never took off like I thought that they would. :unsure:

Tony

The dealer told me these were hot selling items. When I saw the design was sold to B&T I realized perhaps these were not as hot as I was told.

STEYR SPECIAL PURPOSE PISTOL (SPP)​

header-1374.jpg

AGG

Staff member
The dealer told me these were hot selling items. When I saw the design was sold to B&T I realized perhaps these were not as hot as I was told.

STEYR SPECIAL PURPOSE PISTOL (SPP)​

Knowing a few guys at Gun South, Inc. (Steyr importer at the time), I was offered an original test weapon (SN 92-XXXXXX v. production 0XXXXX). ;)
Obviously, it was not NIB, so I passed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Lamont

Staff member
The dealer told me these were hot selling items.

B&T had a lot of these and stuff that looked like it at the show. There was a micro compact version in .380.

They seem to be making a few missteps in their bid to become something other than a silencer company. This would seem to be one of them. Like trying to build/sell a modern MAC 11. Someone should tell them the 80's are in the past. I would have gone with 2-3 basic models and left it at that. Just my opinion. I don't see any real domestic LE sales for this stuff.

They are a Swiss company, Switzerland has some fairly restrictive laws about export of Swiss firearms for military use or to other governments, possibly US manufacture and US State Dept. oversight allows them more exports from here to the third world or something. Near universal use of soft armor these days would seem to be a contra-indicator for the use of 9mm shoulder fired platforms in the real world.

I have only my MP5SD remaining. The modern SMG is called a PDW, pretty much either the P90 or the MP7. I would "sort of" prefer an MP7, but since I can't get one, that leaves me in P90 land. Don't misunderstand, although it's my second choice, it grows on me. FN Specialties has some really cool upgrades such as oversized cocking knobs, even a replacement tri-rail receiver that's better than the FN receiver, drops your sightline/bore offset by 2 inches or something. One of those, CMMG short barrel and a few other bits and you have a very serious SBR piece of gear.

The thing about the P90 I never liked was putting the left hand thumb through the same hole your trigger finger goes through. A Gemtech HALO titanium with a suppressor cover solves that problem. The mags are awkward to carry due to length but super lightweight and you do get 50 rounds. The progressive trigger (for Post Samples) seals the deal. I can't tell you how much I love a progressive trigger. Even an SBR offers a lot in a small package, the gun and 3 spares is 200 rds. and the longer 10" barrel over the Five-Seven pistol makes the SS198 Green Tip LE/Mil round (but widely available on GB) capable of defeating IIIA soft armor. It's my new house gun these days. I topped it off with an EoTech with NV settings for easy use with my NVG's. IR laser as an aiming device is dead except for hobby use, other people have NV as well. When you have something like this, you start asking yourself why you have all that other "clutter" that you mostly never shoot in the safe. YMMV.

Attachments

• P90 cropped.JPG
    P90 cropped.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 6

andrew1182

B&T had a lot of these and stuff that looked like it at the show. There was a micro compact version in .380.

They seem to be making a few missteps in their bid to become something other than a silencer company. This would seem to be one of them. Like trying to build/sell a modern MAC 11. Someone should tell them the 80's are in the past. I would have gone with 2-3 basic models and left it at that. Just my opinion. I don't see any real domestic LE sales for this stuff.

They are a Swiss company, Switzerland has some fairly restrictive laws about export of Swiss firearms for military use or to other governments, possibly US manufacture and US State Dept. oversight allows them more exports from here to the third world or something. Near universal use of soft armor these days would seem to be a contra-indicator for the use of 9mm shoulder fired platforms in the real world.

I have only my MP5SD remaining. The modern SMG is called a PDW, pretty much either the P90 or the MP7. I would "sort of" prefer an MP7, but since I can't get one, that leaves me in P90 land. Don't misunderstand, although it's my second choice, it grows on me. FN Specialties has some really cool upgrades such as oversized cocking knobs, even a replacement tri-rail receiver that's better than the FN receiver, drops your sightline/bore offset by 2 inches or something. One of those, CMMG short barrel and a few other bits and you have a very serious SBR piece of gear.

The thing about the P90 I never liked was putting the left hand thumb through the same hole your trigger finger goes through. A Gemtech HALO titanium with a suppressor cover solves that problem. The mags are awkward to carry due to length but super lightweight and you do get 50 rounds. The progressive trigger (for Post Samples) seals the deal. I can't tell you how much I love a progressive trigger. Even an SBR offers a lot in a small package, the gun and 3 spares is 200 rds. and the longer 10" barrel over the Five-Seven pistol makes the SS198 Green Tip LE/Mil round (but widely available on GB) capable of defeating IIIA soft armor. It's my new house gun these days. I topped it off with an EoTech with NV settings for easy use with my NVG's. IR laser as an aiming device is dead except for hobby use, other people have NV as well. When you have something like this, you start asking yourself why you have all that other "clutter" that you mostly never shoot in the safe. YMMV.

I'm glad you came along. I replied to this earlier and felt awkward bringing a post back from the "dead" so I deleted my response; but if Lamont comes along I'm all good. You're a wealth of knowledge like Tony. I love a PDW. I believe I've got 9 HK mp5 variants and probably another dozen other manufacturer platforms. I went through a SMG phase becuase when I was growing up my father REFUSED to entertain the idea of an SMG as he considered them all "squirt guns" with no practical use. If he would have listened to 7 year old Andrew and bought what I wanted he could have sold them for an 80' yacht by now LoL

Lamont

Staff member
I'm glad you came along. I replied to this earlier and felt awkward bringing a post back from the "dead" so I deleted my response; but if Lamont comes along I'm all good. You're a wealth of knowledge like Tony. I love a PDW. I believe I've got 9 HK mp5 variants and probably another dozen other manufacturer platforms. I went through a SMG phase becuase when I was growing up my father REFUSED to entertain the idea of an SMG as he considered them all "squirt guns" with no practical use. If he would have listened to 7 year old Andrew and bought what I wanted he could have sold them for an 80' yacht by now LoL
My dad, if he were still around, would be in the "same boat" so to speak........take a look at what you could buy via mail order in 1967. Amnesty registration in 1968.......

andrew1182

My dad, if he were still around, would be in the "same boat" so to speak........take a look at what you could buy via mail order in 1967. Amnesty registration in 1968.......
Yes sir. I cannot imagine the collection I'd have if I were around in the peak gun days. Machine guns everywhere. I suppose there was a whole lot of fear of the unknown prior to the 86 cut off. I have an older friend who owned 84 machine guns prior to 86. He sold off all but about a dozen prior to the ruling for fear of confiscation. Kicking himself to this day; Albeit, he still has one of the finest collections of combat weapons with provenance I've ever seen. I think he has about a dozen trench guns alone with documentation. I wanna be Phil when I grow up.

Elnino

I have a total of 4 mp5 sized

Sp5; Zenith z5p; Dakota Tactical d54n; and a m11/9

Fighting the urge to pick up a b&t apc9 pro