What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80s and 90s Gun Ads...

Miami_JBT

L1pBICz.jpg

aLkGsmh.jpg

qUZ0Vpv.jpg

OwExngz.jpg

bhsx38l.jpg

GzUx0sz.jpg

dYgHHV0.jpg

L0FhivE.jpg

adOj0zT.jpg

Prez

Lol so many absolutely lousy guns mixed in with some real desirable gems. Yep, this was my era. I was the target market for all these ads. I think I got a lot of great ones and only bought a few turkeys. Shooters a generation or two behind me just don’t know how good they have it these days. I’ll let the forum readers decide for themselves and reserve comment except to tell Ruger to get out of my face with their stuff.

Try to Google up the vintage ad images for “B&B Sales” in North Hollywood and Westminster CA from back in the day. You’ll cry at the inventory and prices. They were SoCal’s premier armory in the 80s and 90s until they went plop.

Miami_JBT

Lol so many absolutely lousy guns mixed in with some real desirable gems. Yep, this was my era. I was the target market for all these ads. I think I got a lot of great ones and only bought a few turkeys. Shooters a generation or two behind me just don’t know how good they have it these days. I’ll let the forum readers decide for themselves and reserve comment except to tell Ruger to get out of my face with their stuff.

Try to Google up the vintage ad images for “B&B Sales” in North Hollywood and Westminster CA from back in the day. You’ll cry at the inventory and prices. They were SoCal’s premier armory in the 80s and 90s until they went plop.
B&B was a hell of a shop. But it didn't help that the brothers got into a pissing match and the business was left under the sole ownership of Barry Kahn. He drove it into the ground with his illegal activities, his wife spending money like it was going out of style, and the fact that the city sued the place. Bankruptcy can only do so much before reality sets in. And reality set in and B&B closed up shop. I wonder what ever happened to the guns they auctioned off that they tried to give to the LAPD during the North Hollywood Bank Shootout. I wonder if they're still in circulation and legally owned or if they're part of some manhole cover on skid row.