What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

93 clone lower replacement

pitfighter

Contributing member
Hi guys,

I have a clunky plastic lower on my C93.

Today I picked up a clean metal replacement lower and cannot get it to fit.
(Also a surplus sight unit. I like the retro look)
The rear of the lower near the retainer pin slips over the receiver, but the "front" on the lower is too narrow to fit the "upper" receiver.
Also the ejector seems to be stopping installment.

Is there a trick to this I am missing?

hk lower.jpg

Klaus

By that photo it appears to be a FA lower. I doesnt seem to be clipped and pinned for a semi auto. Does it have the shelf in front to accommodate the SA trigger pack?

pitfighter

Contributing member
The lower is clipped and pinned, and the semi-auto only trigger pack drops in perfectly.
The issue I am having is in attaching it to the receiver, it just won't fit.
My concern is with the century C93 receiver not being able to accept anything except the funky plastic lower/grip it came with.

Klaus

Ok im pretty sure those are after maket lowers Century was using and not real surplus.

pitfighter

Contributing member
Yes, I think you're right, I'm thinking the shelf area (although larger than a FA rifle) might still be a little too small for the Century receiver.
The lower the C93 came with was a horribly dremilled up and converted FA military style lower (see pic below)
Looked like the "snip and shelf" work had been done by a one-eyed monkey.
I'll take it into the shop and have them fit the metal lower, probably will have to dermal the opening a few mil.

I have had to replace the rollers, I bought 8, 8.2 and 8.4 - to be sure.
We learned the 8 on the C93 were actually 7.7-7.8 through wear and tear.
This hopefully explains why it was locking up.

This C93 has an old "buffered-bolt," so swapping out the stock has been a learning curve.
I found a stock with a plate and no buffer, so that was good.
(Rifle came with an aftermarket Choate folder, which looked AR tacky IMO)

So, if anyone wants a set of 8.2 or 8.4 rollers in the zip-locks from HKParts just let me know, doubt I'll have a use for them.

These century guns are something else, they force you to learn the mechanics of the rifle, perhaps not a bad thing.

Attachments

• hk c93.jpg
    hk c93.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Klaus

Don’t look bad from the picture but im not a fan of the polymer anyway. Im sure it wont take too much to get that other one to work out.

pitfighter

Contributing member
Looks fine from the outside, but inside the lower it is a mess of grind marks and scratches..

pitfighter

Contributing member
At the shop today
So...

1. In picture #1 the OP - that lower had not been trimmed at the back and was still in 91 configuration, so we ground that lip off neatly.
2. The Century receiver was bulged in the center, so we put an HK mandril inside it and forming HK receiver "elements" outside the receiver and compressed it in an industrial vice ~ buying almost 2mm , and bringing it into spec. at that point the new lower, without HK91 lip, fit into place perfectly.
3. Rifle dry cycles better than ever.

I will report from range.

Attachments

• IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 2

pitfighter

Contributing member
Yes, these are retro rifles, trying to modernize them with modern add ons feels like putting a Choate folding stock on a Mosin Nagant.
Nice SBR - I'm digging the wood.
I was really pleased with finding the scope, it came from Norway via. DKProductions in Kentucky, the guys who are bringing in the SSD MP44 replicas.
I guess Norway had a LOT of HK91 Style rifles.

Klaus

Yes, these are retro rifles, trying to modernize them with modern add ons feels like putting a Choate folding stock on a Mosin Nagant.
Nice SBR - I'm digging the wood.
I was really pleased with finding the scope, it came from Norway via. DKProductions in Kentucky, the guys who are bringing in the SSD MP44 replicas.
I guess Norway had a LOT of HK91 Style rifles.
Heres some good pics of some Norwegians with AG-3s

pitfighter

Contributing member
Ok - so the C93 goes bang, it does not cycle, but does go bang once, I can even manually cycle it and get it to go bang again, but no joy with the semi-auto function, lol.

I watched the bolt closely and it moves rearwards a fraction of an inch and then closes.
(It does not move enough to cock the hammer or eject or strip a new round from the magazine.)

I've been back and forwards to my gunsmith half a dozen times, gone through rollers and even reshaping the receiver, and am bored of that game, so I contacted Century today.

I'll let you know how it goes.

on a brighter note.
The PTR 9mm just flies with any ammunition and still hasn't missed a beat and the PTR .308 PDW/SBR ran through a 200 round green plastic sack of break-in Radway Green ammo and didn't make a wrong step.
It's just the Century that is m is behaving.

View attachment trimmed ptr.mov