What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AA12 shotgun ownership... it was a dream of mine so close to being finally realized

dirtyharriett

Well I was one of the unfortunate souls to lose $3000 as a pre-buyer of one of the new AA12's that were being made by Sol Invictus Arms until a late breaking ATF fiasco. They were almost ready to ship the first batches when an ex jaded partner contacted the ATF and opened up a can of worms that looks like has ended the whole project. I don't know if I have ever wanted another firearm so bad that almost was in my hands. They even had a lottery for the first 10 serial numbers and I was lucky enough to be the third name picked. I was going to have S/N #3. The only other gun I have wanted that bad that I still desire is a HK MP7. Now with the new bans and gun taxes probably just over the horizon... my new dream is just to be able to keep what I already have. Man what a sad state of affairs.

AGG

Staff member
Hate to hear that--- the only, transferable, Atchisson AA-12 (prototype), on Form 4, sold a back in 2008.
There is always a transferable USAS 12.

Tony

dirtyharriett

What was the semi-auto version of that beast? Back in 80's-90's....
I don't even think semi's were made in that era. I was under the understanding that they only made full auto's for the military and law enforcement pretty much the entire time they originally sold them. I've never completely understood what little info I have read on the semis that were supposedly in existence before Sol Invictus Arms got involved to manufacture them. I just know I have given up pretty much any hope of getting one or getting my 3k back.

MMissile

I don't even think semi's were made in that era. I was under the understanding that they only made full auto's for the military and law enforcement pretty much the entire time they originally sold them. I've never completely understood what little info I have read on the semis that were supposedly in existence before Sol Invictus Arms got involved to manufacture them. I just know I have given up pretty much any hope of getting one or getting my 3k back.
That's such a bummer. 😖 When I prepay for anything with a later release date, I only wait till my guts says "you're gonna get stung". It's generally only a couple months of no good-news. I've got hit a couple times, over the years. Car stuff.

AGG

Staff member

MMissile

That's why I sold it. The original owner never fired it, and I couldn't be involved in NFA stuff in Mi........without a FFL license of some sort. I got to play with it for 2 days. LOL. After close to 2 decades, it's hard to remember what it was. My SPAS-15 was so much cooler, and a bunch lighter. Mags were a PITA.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
That's why I sold it. The original owner never fired it, and I couldn't be involved in NFA stuff in Mi........without a FFL license of some sort. I got to play with it for 2 days. LOL. After close to 2 decades, it's hard to remember what it was. My SPAS-15 was so much cooler, and a bunch lighter. Mags were a PITA.

Much lighter--- I am still searching for the elusive, 10-round, "factory" magazine--- red or green markings. ;)

Tony

MMissile

I can't remember, but if I recall....the mags with green markings were less common. I had 5 mags, and 1 had the odd colored marking. I passed on many, due to cost and I wasn't shooting it.

AGG

Staff member
I can't remember, but if I recall....the mags with green markings were less common. I had 5 mags, and 1 had the odd colored marking. I passed on many, due to cost and I wasn't shooting it.

Ammunition (green/“less-than-lethal”- rubber slugs, nylon “close range”; red/“lethal”).

Tony

MMissile

I figured that was the case. I wasn't shooting anything thru mine. 18" side-folder. It was unfired, and I had a screw-on "breacher"? and the cap.

MMissile

It didn't have import-marks, either. A guy walked into my FFL's shop with it, many years ago. He knew I'd want it.

dirtyharriett

Man I remember the day when I purchased a USAS-12... it was a very long time ago back in my somewhat newbie days. It was my very first class 3 purchase and was done off of GB. I never even got to hold it in my hands. This was back before the days before the "Trusts" work around and back then your NC county sheriffs dept had to sign off on it. Well after 18 months of going no where with the sheriffs dept I gave up and cancelled the purchase. It cost me a 30% restocking charge... OUCH. I will never forget nor forgive them for that one. I have still yet to get to hold or shoot a USAS-12. It used to be on my grail list. I kind of lost interest after that fiasco and almost forgot about it after I knew the AA12 existed. I remember when I first saw the AA12 on "Future Weapons"... I almost gave birth to a goat... lol. I jumped on my computer and went crazy looking for one for sale and to see if any semi auto versions existed since it was now unfortunately a SOT only weapon platform in FA. Man what a letdown when I saw that it was only a pipe dream. Now people may understand my excitement then incredible disappointment with what happened with Sol Invictus Arms AA12 situation. Ugggg... yet another firearm dream unrealized.