What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C93 conversion back to pish pin

spartan

Sounds crazy, but is cheapest option...

Issue is I have a g3sg1 556 trigger pack that is for the hk/Arca Swiss Confirmed Shot/Kill camera. Swapping internals for a new trigger frame is not practical.

So to keep things cost effective I picked up a c93 and plan on removing the shelf and installing a front push pin hole. I'd register iy as a new Registered Receiver machine gun as I am 07/02.

Any advice on this modification? Gun is inbound from other FFL and camera is getting repaired as it sat in a box for 20+ years and the shutter is stuck.

Thanks!

AGG

Staff member
For such rare accessories, and since you are appropriately licensed, I would get an HK33--- or even an HK43 or HK93 for the build--- though probably not cost effective. ;)

Tony

spartan

Yes, cost effective allows for other projects to continue. Likely selling the 33 next year so need a replacement. Definitely planning on sharing photos when it's all up an running. Picture of a watermelon exploding is top goal.

spartan

Would love help picking out the approperiate scope. Manual says Hensoldt or Diavari , but not sure which ones

Attachments

• 20220308_133828.jpg
    20220308_133828.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Manofdusk

Sounds crazy, but is cheapest option...

Issue is I have a g3sg1 556 trigger pack that is for the hk/Arca Swiss Confirmed Shot/Kill camera. Swapping internals for a new trigger frame is not practical.

So to keep things cost effective I picked up a c93 and plan on removing the shelf and installing a front push pin hole. I'd register iy as a new Registered Receiver machine gun as I am 07/02.

Any advice on this modification? Gun is inbound from other FFL and camera is getting repaired as it sat in a box for 20+ years and the shutter is stuck.

Thanks!
Hey Spartan, I’ve converted a C93 to a push pin lower in lieu of a shelf. I cut the shelf off of the receiver and then welded a 33 push pin/paddle mag in its place.

I’m about to do the same conversion on another C93 striped receiver I got off of gun broker. I’ll take some pics of the conversion and post them here.

spartan

Thank you!
That should work great.

AGG

Staff member
Would love help picking out the approperiate scope. Manual says Hensoldt or Diavari , but not sure which ones

The HK33A2ZF would utilize a Steiner 4x24--- the HK33SG1 would use the Zeiss Diavari DA 1.5-6x36. ;)

Tony

rand000

Contributing member
It may sound petty but I was turned off of HK because of the way they configured the semi-autos with the non-functional forward bushing.
Taking a brilliant innovation that's at the heart of the weapon and removing it in such a visible way killed it for me on a bunch of levels.

I was hyped about putting together a Zenith-style MP5 build with the authentic functional bushing restored at the minor expense of an added internal block and smaller shelf I wouldn't have to look at very often.
Turns out building a push-pin bushing into a 90 series magwell may be the most difficult part of putting together a parts kit build (no barrel pressing involved).
Short of surgically transplanting a magwell there's zero info online about how HK does this or what's involved.

Dissecting a few 90 series magwells hasn't revealed much except that the bushing isn't tig or spot welded in place.
HK's blueprints/schematics only mention the reinforcement pieces, the two different sized holes(7mm, 7.5mm) and the bushing being "caulked" into place. (~verstemmt)
Blueprints also show a dent in the bushing that may have something to do with being pressed in.
Apparently HK adds magwell reinforcement bits to an unbent flat and then drills the holes prior to bending.
Apparently HK used some kind of silver solder and now uses some kind of blue adhesive that's ridiculously strong.

Any info on the subject would be a massive help.

NorincoKid

Its been awhile since I've handled a C93 but...

Didn't century "nuke" that entire area of the actual shell in the shelf area? I don't think its a simple "wrap-around" style denial, they actually chop off that entire portion of the rear magazine well area.

I would think the best route to take would be finding a decent "stub" from a cut receiver/mag well and carefully graft it to the C93 after you remove the block. With patience, a steady hand, decent TIG and a blast/park/refinish you shouldn't be able to tell it apart from a factory job.

spartan

Ended up using a magwell stub from a demilled gun and had someone far more skilled then me get it welded on. End result was great and everything functions perfectly. Just need to get the camera back from the repair shop

rand000

Contributing member
Got a better translation of the German and the bushings are actually "press-fit stemmed" into the receivers.