What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Century Arms to release an MP5 clone

Grease Gunner

Now the question will be “is it a full auto host or not”?? If I overlooked that bit of info someone give me a heads up. My biggest thing is this-just because it’ll be cheaper than anything else on the market....doesn’t mean it’s any good or reliable

Nehalem Man

Now the question will be “is it a full auto host or not”?? If I overlooked that bit of info someone give me a heads up. My biggest thing is this-just because it’ll be cheaper than anything else on the market....doesn’t mean it’s any good or reliable

If its a MKE product, my guess it will still have the receiver and mag well blocks. I realize that makes it difficult as a host but why reinvent the wheel with the ATF if you don't have to?

-E-

habe

The MSRP and street price point of the Century imported AP5's is getting muddier by the day.

An article on BallisticMag Link: Century Arms AP5 from October states that, "No price has been set as of yet, however, we were assured by Century Arms that it’s guaranteed to be cheaper than any other roller-delayed action on the U.S. Market. So there’s something else to look forward to." That "cheeper than any other" price info has been repeated on other websites and forums.

There are a couple threads on Reddit in the MP5 section with info including a "supposed" MSRP of $2,999 which is higher than an HK SP5. I realize that right now the HK's are pretty much Un-Obtanium but, I find it hard to believe that the MSRP on the Century imported guns will have a higher MSRP than an HK... From one of the Reddit threads, if you Google "Manufacturer Part Number: "HG6034-N", you can see dealer pre-listings for the AP5 which are in the upper $2K's ($2,700 - $2,985). There is also a reply from Atlantic Firearms on the other HK forum stating that the AP5's "will not be cheep".

Will be interesting to see where this all goes. If the rumors are true that the Century imports are MKE guns, I'd buy one if the price is right but, not at a higher price than an HK (already have an SP5, looking for an SP5K PDW), assuming I can get one.

Grease Gunner

At those kind of prices and not knowing if they are FA ready....the PTR is a better gun even if you have to deal with a tweak or two to have it run 110%

Just how many does CAI think they’d sell if they are over $2000.....or even $1500 for that matter?

habe

At those kind of prices and not knowing if they are FA ready....the PTR is a better gun even if you have to deal with a tweak or two to have it run 110%

Just how many does CAI think they’d sell if they are over $2000.....or even $1500 for that matter?
My friends MKE made Zenith functions perfectly, he paid $1,7xx for it. If these are made by MKE and have the same quality as the MKE Zenith's, I'd have no problem with a $1,7xx max price street price. More than a genuine HK and I would be GTFOoH as I only paid $2,384 for my SP5.

Klaus Von Richter

I look forward to century’s import of the MKE MP5.

I could be wrong but it seems like Century would have a better price than what Zenith had. I though the issue with Zenith was they didn’t have the capital to purchase enough quantity for MKE to give them a decent price per unit, or availability. Maybe I’m wrong with what I have heard.

Nehalem Man

My friends MKE made Zenith functions perfectly, he paid $1,7xx for it. If these are made by MKE and have the same quality as the MKE Zenith's, I'd have no problem with a $1,7xx max price street price. More than a genuine HK and I would be GTFOoH as I only paid $2,384 for my SP5.

That is what I paid for my Z5-RS in 2017. I know that the last batch Zenith imported in late 2019/early 2020 had some reported QC issues, but Zenith stood behind the product and resolved those issues for their customers. If CAI can import these at or below the $1700 price point, they would probably sell like hotcakes.

ENDER

Staff member
Zenith just chimed in about their relationship with MKE. Zenith knew what they were getting into and jumped into bed with MKE anyways. One can assume that CAI knows what their getting into as well - but may be better at playing the game.

Last edited:

catinthefurnace

The MSRP and street price point of the Century imported AP5's is getting muddier by the day.

An article on BallisticMag Link: Century Arms AP5 from October states that, "No price has been set as of yet, however, we were assured by Century Arms that it’s guaranteed to be cheaper than any other roller-delayed action on the U.S. Market. So there’s something else to look forward to." That "cheeper than any other" price info has been repeated on other websites and forums.

There are a couple threads on Reddit in the MP5 section with info including a "supposed" MSRP of $2,999 which is higher than an HK SP5. I realize that right now the HK's are pretty much Un-Obtanium but, I find it hard to believe that the MSRP on the Century imported guns will have a higher MSRP than an HK... From one of the Reddit threads, if you Google "Manufacturer Part Number: "HG6034-N", you can see dealer pre-listings for the AP5 which are in the upper $2K's ($2,700 - $2,985). There is also a reply from Atlantic Firearms on the other HK forum stating that the AP5's "will not be cheep".

Will be interesting to see where this all goes. If the rumors are true that the Century imports are MKE guns, I'd buy one if the price is right but, not at a higher price than an HK (already have an SP5, looking for an SP5K PDW), assuming I can get one.

Of course we don't really know yet, but the word currently is that though these will be MKE guns, a lot of the parts are being subcontracted out. Who knows, but it might take awhile to know if these subcontracted out parts are the same military quality, or if they'll be built to a price point at MKE/Century's request.

Nehalem Man

Zenith just chimed in about their relationship with MKE. Zenith knew what they were getting into and jumped into bed with MKE anyways. One can assume that CAI knows what their getting into as well - but may be better at playing the game.

WOW!!!! A lot to unpack in that press release.

-E-

MrWhite

The subcontracting of parts for firearms has a pretty poor track record.
Of course we don't really know yet, but the word currently is that though these will be MKE guns, a lot of the parts are being subcontracted out. Who knows, but it might take awhile to know if these subcontracted out parts are the same military quality, or if they'll be built to a price point at MKE/Century's request.

esh21167

A Century imported MKE will present problems when buyers find that Century will fail at correcting any issues. Zenith seemed to have a good talent pool to take care of such things. Century? Well, given their track record.

Raygixxer89

I have two Zenith rollers and they have run flawlessly through hundreds of rounds each, even using straight-style HK mags and 20-rounders. I'd buy more if they still came in. And they are licensed product, not American clones that are known for their unreliability.

Raygixxer89

I'd be willing to bet that they'd sell them all pretty darn quick at 1500 bucks. Hell, I'd buy two more just to have.

Raygixxer89

If that's true about th parts being sub'd out...I'm out. Ugh.(n)

Nehalem Man

Wow! $2800 clams???? Seems a bit much for a CAI product.

P.S.......if you look on the Atlantic site, there is not a clear view of the left side of the receiver in any of the pics. The only view they do give you is covered by the folded brace. Zenith themselves has speculated that Century is currently using a Zenith imported gun for their photo shoots. :D.

-E-

Screenshot_20201203-053424.jpg

Last edited: