What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curious... 9mm Shotshells though MP5?

Tailflash

I've used CCI Shotshells before, but in my .357 Dan Wesson. Still have a bunch of the empty shot capsules somewhere for reloading with my choice of larger size shot.
So, I'm curious whether the below 9mm shotshells would work in a MP5. Anyone ever tried this before?
No.12 shot is what comes with these, so not like I'm thinking these for any type of home protection, but damn, would be 'fun' on some other annoying backyard pests...on F/A.
1706323345112.png

AGG

Staff member
I suppose that you could, but you probably wouldn't hit anything beyond 5 meters. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Personally, I would not--- the plastic from the shot wads could build up in the rifling and would be difficult to clean out. ;)
Also, lead is softer than steel and could also build up in the rifling. :)
Reliable cycling would be a consideration too. :unsure:

Tony

HKdaddy

That's awesome 👌 haha im gonna order a box of these for my glock, throw the flex trigger in 💪🏼 video coming soon

Tailflash

Oooooh, these come in No.4 Shot too.
Okay, I'm going to order a couple hundred rounds of both No.12 & No.4 shot rounds. 'Will do some pattern tests and video on semi & FA. More to come...

1710198442206.png

AGG

Staff member
Oooooh, these come in No.4 Shot too.
Okay, I'm going to order a couple hundred rounds of both No.12 & No.4 shot rounds. 'Will do some pattern tests and video on semi & FA. More to come...

This video will be interesting. ;)

Tony

HKdaddy

Lol well I tested the "flex" trigger LOL boy what a pretty legit system! Pulled up to a berm, rolled the old bronco window down and dumped the extended haha. Now I just need a box of these shells!

Tailflash

Interesting rounds (if not just cute), but I believe these will not operate in a MP5 due to the significant pressure it takes to unlock the rollers. I will take along an extra bolt with locking rollers removed to see if that helps.

1711218149254.png

Plenty of room in the mag and they manually feed into the chamber without damaging the plastic nose caps.
1711218337350.png

The test platform w/giggle switch. Way too windy here in N. Utah today to go to the range, next weekend hopefully.
1711218463523.png

Tailflash

Well, I finally got out to the range with these shotshell rounds. Target was placed at the first line which I believe is 36 feet. Target was a piece of 2' wide cardboard that was approximately 3' in height.
Shot two rounds of the No.4 shotshell capsules and the bolt didn't even budge backwards on either round. As for a shot pattern, it was pretty scattered at that distance, but I believe all the No.4 shot hit the cardboard as shown below. I didn't bring up a spare bolt w/o rollers; that will be for another day of expected disappointment, but you never know.
So, I switched over to my USP9 and VP9 to see what these would do with these shotshells but was quickly disappointed that neither cycled, although their slides did come back a tiny bit with each shot.
Oh well.
Don't waste your money on these unless you thrive on disappointment or have an infestation of cockroaches.

1713064619068.png 1713064669775.png
1713064826026.png