What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does This Look Odd? SAR-8 on GB

AGG

Staff member
Correct for a D.C. Industries--- see the Sticky above. ;)

Tony

Nehalem Man

Correct for a D.C. Industries--- see the Sticky above. ;)

Tony
Ahhhhh....ok. Never actually seen one in the wild before. Looks like a far cry from the Greek guns.

-E-

Prez

I wince when I see those. Like I need to stick around and talk people out of considering them.

I don’t know if I’d even want it as a parts kit.

AGG

Staff member
I wince when I see those. Like I need to stick around and talk people out of considering them.

I don’t know if I’d even want it as a parts kit.

Let's just say that I would not run it with a sear.

Tony

Nehalem Man

So were these parts kit guns? The seller added that there are no barrel markings and that the handguard has FMP and 97/1 stamped on it.

AGG

Staff member
So were these parts kit guns? The seller added that there are no barrel markings and that the handguard has FMP and 97/1 stamped on it.

Correct--- American receiver, with foreign parts--- I have seen Rheinmetall and FMP parts (mainly FMP).

Tony

Prez

Fascinating sale price.

The price on all my guns just went up 200%.

Tailflash

I remember getting excited seeing (from far away) what I thought was a HK91 at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show here in Utah many years ago. Got up close to the table and asked if I could have a closer look. The dealer handed me this fugly bulk cast aluminum receiver with crackle-paint finish 'thing' and said it was an "exact copy of the German's G3 Assault Rifle". I remember seeing a Springfield Armory marking but don't remember the model number; the price tag was right at $700 with "Gun Show Special" on the price tag. I handed it back and said I'd think about it. Phew! Glad I already owned a couple HK91s. Later that following week, I bumped into a guy at work that said he had bought that exact same gun at the show... Never heard how that worked out for him; 'more of a collector than shooter...