What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Explaining POF Markings

Tailflash

Year of Manufacture is after 'MP5'. Standard SEF Lowers; I never saw any of their MP5s with Burst Packs.

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

AGG

Staff member
Wonder the reason for the change in the "A" and "B" prefixes in the serial number. 🧐

Tony

Tailflash

I've seen recent POF-5 pistols with 17 year of manufacture with a C-prefix. What's common between all POF SerNos is the fact they only use a maximum of five numbers after the letter, so would assume a maximum production run of 99,999 before they start over at 00001 with next subsequent letter. I tried to find some history of when POF first started manufacturing their MP5s to see if the first picture above could possibly be a first year issue (if they had the capacity to crank out 8000 per year back then), but there's not much info on the web. I have some pics of their G3s burried somewhere too, but can't recall if I got any up close pics of those guns, but will surely post when I locate them...