What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furniture question

Vinz Klortho

Are 91 and 93 furniture interchangeable?
I wouldn't think the recoil springs are the same but what about buttstocks and handguards.
I just bought a C93, it has a wide fore grip and wood butt. would like to replace it with plastic.
Silly, I know!

SubRosa

Butts can interchange with keeping the original metal.

HG's, no go.

DG

Vinz Klortho

Different furniture...

I got a slim handguard for my 91. Yes, I know the "vents" aren't supposed to be open. I paid 20 bucks for it and I like the way it looks.

slim.jpg

Last edited:

SubRosa

The 'fat' handguards just ruin the lines of a nice design.

None of my HK's have them by choice.

The open holes are a good idea for faster cooling.

SubRosa

Vinz Klortho

^^^ That looks great. I wouldn't be willing to pay the price for a set of wood that nice.

Hey, that rhymed.

Vinz Klortho

Well, here it is. I've obviosuly replaced the wood buttstock already. It's a shit camera phone pik, sorry.

C93.jpg

I bought that stock from HKparts, they say it's made by PTR. The inserts used to attach the buffer are not metric, they are #10-32. I'm going to email and suggest that they should include that little tid-bit of info on the website or include the correct screws.

Overall it's in better shape than I first thought. I'm going to forego having it refinished and spend that money on an extra magazine 🤣

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Well, here it is. I've obviosuly replaced the wood buttstock already (it was cracked). It's a shit camera phone pik, sorry.

View attachment 3660

I bought that stock from HKparts, they say it's made by PTR. The inserts used to attach the buffer are not metric, they are #10-32. I'm going to email and suggest that they should include that little tid-bit of info on the website or include the correct screws.

Overall it's in better shape than I first thought. I'm going to forego having it refinished and spend that money on an extra magazine 🤣

I like it. :giggle:

Tony

Vinz Klortho

So explain the C93 to me please. Generally speaking, the donor rifles were HK33's, right?

SUO.jpg
Malaysian

Last edited:

Vinz Klortho

Stuck an Aimpoint on it for shits and giggles.

IMG_20210519_182104368.jpg

Ordered a nice little Leupold scope for it today.

Vinz Klortho

Mods, I just realized I should have posted this thread downstairs.

Please move it down to the Contract/License, Non-HK, or just wherever you think it should go.

Sorry.

Same for the Muzzle Thingies thread. Jeez. Just delete that one. My bad.

31ST MEUSOC

Here are my two PTR C93s my OD Green furniture one was parked so I purchased a can of Brownells black enamel semi gloss Alumahyde for $12 just a thought its paint so in a few years of hard shooting I will just repaint it maybe woodland color next time!20210403_115443.jpg

Attachments

• 20210403_115732.jpg
    20210403_115732.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 0

Vinz Klortho

My first "HK" was a really nice Portuguese G3 kit I had built up by IGF (before he flaked out).
I had IGF paint the gun a dark, dark green instead of HK black. It turned out fantastic!
So fantastic that a guy "made me an offer I couldn't refuse" and I sold it.
Still miss that gun.