What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G3 with a Santa FE trigger pack… price check need help !

Brad4065

Guyanaman1963

That looks nice, ive seen them go for a lot in the last few years
Same here. That one on GB keeps getting relisted… I remember it being listed at 23k and didn’t sell. I saw at 17 reserve not met. I think it’s at 15k now, reserve not met.
this one has been ran hard and all the parts match, but could not find the serial# in Tony’s data base, and the trigger pack has the wrong serial!

flybynt

That don't look right around the front push pin hole. Also by the looks of it the grip frame is numbered for the first March import of 3/62 not the November 11/62 import for the gun. But it looks too have the correct trigger guard of the early guns. Also its looks like someone ground flat a stop most likely to put a f/a pack in it at some point in its life. This is also evidenced by the full circle witness markings on the grip frame. I can't tell from the pics if it has the correct uncut pack frame and s/a parts in it.

The grenade rings on the barrel and the untapered cocking tube as well as the cocking handle looks right for a 62 gun. The hg with bipod is an early and rare piece by itself for sure. However I think the 62 guns only came in with wood hg's.

It also seems to have a wide array of date codes from the whole year of 62 which could be legit for a November 62 gun, but I thought there were only about 200 total imported in 62 so that would be a bit odd in my opinion, but who knows the actual count for sure. Also I can't tell from the pics if the flash hider is correct either.

All in all looks to be decent copy if it is a fake. If it's legit it might have had some repairs and a lot of use during it's lifetime.

Last edited:

Guyanaman1963

That don't look right around the front push pin hole. Also by the looks of it the grip frame is numbered inconsistent from the first march import of 3/62 to the gun but look too have the correct trigger guard. Also its looks like someone ground flat the stop most likely to put a fa pack in it it some point in its life which is also evidenced bt the full circle witness markings on the grip frame.

The cocking handle looks right for a 62 gun and hg with bipod is an early and rare piece by itself for sure but I think the 62 guns only came in with wood hg.

It also seems to have a wide array of date codes from the whole year of 62 which could be legit for a November 62 gun but I thought there were only about 200 total imported in 62 so that would be a bit odd in my opinion but who knows the actual count for sure. Also I cant tell from the pics if the flash hider is correct either.

All in all looks to be decent copy if indeed it is a fake. If legit its had some repairs and a lot of use.
Thanks… awesome info! Greatly appreciated!!!
M.

flybynt

I also just noticed a strange crown like proof mark on the bolt head. Never seen that on one of these guns.

AGG

Staff member
Observations: :unsure:

1. Highest G3 (11/62) that I have seen (previously, 2232)
2. All matching parts (last 3 digits of the serial number on the: 1) bolt carrier on bottom, 2) bolt head on bottom, 3) locking piece on bottom, 4) lower on left above pistol grip, 5) stock assembly on left on metal between stock pin holes), except for the trigger pack housing (as @flybynt noted, would be for a 3/62)

- cannot tell, but there should be the last 3 digits on the left ejector lever

3. Correct dating range for the bolt carrier and bolt head

- need a clearer picture of the "crown" proof mark on the bolt head--- similar, but not exact, to Spanish (Eibar Proof House)

4. Correct

- flapper magazine release; push pin, swing down lower
- all metal open hole charging handle with hole in arm (v. HK41 65/66- plastic charging handle (oblong indention) with hole in arm)
- non-tapered cocking tube
- flash hider (7/62 and 11/62- smooth milled out area below flash openings v. 3/62 2 raised circular areas below flash openings)
- aluminum dust cap/knurled edges with flat face
- “SE” lower
- flat rear mounting in front of rear sight for scope mount
- magnesium phosphate finish
- grenade launcher rings on barrel

5. Possible "work" at the push pin area and bottom left bipod leg

- the metal forend/bipod is rare (different from the MARS CETME)

Tony

Guyanaman1963

Observations: :unsure:

1. Highest G3 (11/62) that I have seen (previously, 2232)
2. All matching parts (last 3 digits of the serial number on the: 1) bolt carrier on bottom, 2) bolt head on bottom, 3) locking piece on bottom, 4) lower on left above pistol grip, 5) stock assembly on left on metal between stock pin holes), except for the trigger pack housing (as @flybynt noted, would be for a 3/62)

- cannot tell, but there should be the last 3 digits on the left ejector lever

3. Correct dating range for the bolt carrier and bolt head

- need a clearer picture of the "crown" proof mark on the bolt head--- similar, but not exact, to Spanish (Eibar Proof House)

4. Correct

- flapper magazine release; push pin, swing down lower
- all metal open hole charging handle with hole in arm (v. HK41 65/66- plastic charging handle (oblong indention) with hole in arm)
- non-tapered cocking tube
- flash hider (7/62 and 11/62- smooth milled out area below flash openings v. 3/62 2 raised circular areas below flash openings)
- aluminum dust cap/knurled edges with flat face
- “SE” lower
- flat rear mounting in front of rear sight for scope mount
- magnesium phosphate finish
- grenade launcher rings on barrel

5. Possible "work" at the push pin area and bottom left bipod leg

- the metal forend/bipod is rare (different from the MARS CETME)

Tony
Now that’s what I was looking for!!!! Thanks brother!!!!

flybynt

@AGG Thanks big tony for the validation. I went back and added most of that same info after I posted about the crown proof (thanks for info on that item) in my original posts last night as this gun bothers me a bit. So I went back this am and looked at it again and saw a a couple things regarding some of the markings.

@Guyanaman1963 I noticed that the style for the #s in on the stock and reciever differ from the ones on the lp, bolt, and carrier. They also dont look stamped to me.

Last edited:

SubRosa

A few of the 11/62 rifles had the same functional swingdown trigger housing as the earlier '62 lot. My MK2201 did.

The trigger housing photos from this specimen apparently follow this pattern. Most unusual given the high S/N of the gun, and that the number doesn't match. The internals are a bit different as well, as the originals had a non-functioning trip lever, reportedly installed to allow use of the .22LR kit.

I was given grief some time ago on the 'bossy forum' when I posted a photo of my G3, it was thought to be a forgery.

Insert raspberry sound here...

S u b R o s a

Guyanaman1963

@AGG Thanks big tony for the validation. I went back and added most of that same info after I posted about the crown proof (thanks for info on that item) in my original posts last night as this gun bothers me a bit. So I went back this am and looked at it again and saw a a couple things regarding some of the markings.

@Guyanaman1963 I noticed that the style for the #s in on the stock and reciever differ from the ones on the lp, bolt, and carrier. They also dont look stamped to me.
I noticed that too, as well as the patchy repairs on the receiver by the magwell. The price is not bad for an abused Santa Fe…. But that is not the trigger pack that’s serialized to the gun. Maybe it was a machine gun that was converted so the lower pack is still with owner?
I told my friend he should be very careful when making his decision.
Thank you everyone for all the info.
M.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad4065

I noticed that too, as well as the patchy repairs on the receiver by the magwell. The price is not bad for an abused Santa Fe…. But that is not the trigger pack that’s serialized to the gun. Maybe it was a machine gun that was converted so the lower pack is still with owner?
I told my friend he should be very careful when making his decision.
Thank you everyone for all the info.
M.
^^^^^^^^^^ I noticed that those numbers don't match and also wondered the history on that matter.
Just out of curiosity what was/is the asking price? You know the saying...."if its to good to be true....."
And yes, he should obtain as many answers as possible before jumping in. Scammers are a dime a dozen.

Cheers!!!!

Guyanaman1963

^^^^^^^^^^ I noticed that those numbers don't match and also wondered the history on that matter.
Just out of curiosity what was/is the asking price? You know the saying...."if its to good to be true....."
And yes, he should obtain as many answers as possible before jumping in. Scammers are a dime a dozen.

Cheers!!!!
Not a scam, the rifle was priced at $10k.
for the condition and @AGG report, it’s legit, but with a different trigger pack.
everything else matches the 11/62 G3.
I think it was priced in the right neighborhood based on the rough condition it was in…. Maybe a bit higher by 2K or so?
M.

Last edited by a moderator:

SubRosa

Without the original numbered trigger housing, I think it is a agency visit waiting to happen.

Just like a FAL G-series that ain't on the list.

They're funny that way...

Grease Gunner

Ok so educate me on this as I must have missed it-how is this receiver ok with no shelf? Or is that what’s meant because it would be ok for no shelf if it had the number matching lower which kept it semi?