What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G3 with a Santa FE trigger pack… price check need help !

AGG

Staff member
I suppose that it depends on how it left the factory. ;)

Tony

SubRosa

Essentially that, Grease Gunner.

Keep in mind they were imported long before the '68GCA came be codified in the CFR.

If it was compliant at the time, it is exempt if kept in the original configuration: no modifications or additions.

Interestingly, the trigger housing on this specimen is actually from the '62 MK series G3's, as the word Pasadena is missing.

It is present on the 10B series HK41's.

In today's world, it is humorous that the guns are older than most of the ATF agents, so most have never even seen one in the wild.

S u b R o s a

Last edited by a moderator:

flybynt

You and @flybynt by night are blowing me away… can you dumb it down a bit…. Ok.. maybe a lot for me???
If you look you will see it the 6 o'clock position a bump i.e limiter that is meant to prevent the selector from being moved backwards counter clockwise into the FA position.

Someone ground it down so the selector could move into the 3rd position in a nontypical way. I think at was a poor attempt keep those less familar from questioning if it could be used on FA. Hey officer friendly, see I cant move the selector down into FA 😂

Last edited:

Grease Gunner

See? Me so smart LMAO

I have to admit it would be a neat rifle to have due to its history but I’d be nervous due to the questionable things it may or may not have had done to it.

SubRosa

Well, my hints have gone undetected.

I'd 'fix' the trigger housing by restoring the nub and numbering it to match the rifle.

A refinish in the proper Parkerize and voila!

Legal to do, as you are not modifying the receiver.

SR

flybynt

Well, my hints have gone undetected.

I'd 'fix' the trigger housing by restoring the nub and numbering it to match the rifle.

A refinish in the proper Parkerize and voila!

Legal to do, as you are not modifying the receiver.

SR
Sure but isnt part of the appeal of these rifles the 60 year old patina?

A repark would be pretty obvious with the well used stock, incorrect forearm, and magwell work.

But if you want a shooter fix the trigger pack inconsistency and use it as is.

SubRosa

Patina can be done by someone who knows how. So can numbering.

A 'shooter' in current condition is still sketchy, as IT HAS BEEN MODIFIED from the pre-68GCA original condition.

Trust me, without all the original pieces, attention is not something I'd want with it.

Restoring it is not against the law, so...

SR

rand000

Contributing member
Wondering why they'd mess with the forward push-pin hole and I remembered seeing these mag well reinforcements.
Maybe the reinforcements came later and this model didn't have them from the factory.
Is the forward push-pin hole a high stress area that'll get bent if those reinforcements aren't there?

Holescreek

I assume I'm seeing an optical illusion since this is an old thread, but isn't the slant on the front sight hood on the wrong side?

AGG

Staff member
I assume I'm seeing an optical illusion since this is an old thread, but isn't the slant on the front sight hood on the wrong side?

Probably an optical illusion--- the front sight should slant up on the front, and straight down on the rear. ;)

Tony

Last edited:

h00ktern

...The trigger housing photos from this specimen apparently follow this pattern. Most unusual given the high S/N of the gun, and that the number doesn't match. The internals are a bit different as well, as the originals had a non-functioning trip lever, reportedly installed to allow use of the .22LR kit.

...S u b R o s a

I found a trip lever in a 04/66, confounded that it could serve no purpose, removed it. Guess I'll label it for this gun and set it aside.

Guyanaman1963

Anyone know what happened to this rifle? I’ve wondered off and on about it.
The consensus was…. The upper and lower did not match…. Possible illegal conversion.
A lot of individuals…. Extremely knowledgeable, were afraid of it…. That included one very well known manufacture/ conversion vendor.
I dont know what ever happened to the actual gun regarding if it sold or not.
What I do know is… after I walked away, I passed the sellers info on to a member who investigated for him self as a possible purchase… he pulled in said experts…. Who all got chills regarding the legality of it.
Hope this helps.
M.

Grease Gunner

I wondered. It would be a nice piece to have but is it really worth it given its questionable status? I had some thoughts on it, but not sure if it would have been allowable under the eyes of ATF due to it "technically" being an MG spec recevier.