Give me a sunset.

MJ1

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Posts
96
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
28nHBJ5.jpg
 
Looks awesome, have fun down there. I have a friend shooting survivor down in Fiji , he has been trapped in his hotel room for 7 days now and has 7 more to go before he gets to go to work
 
the thing that looks like an island is the rim of an old volcano that acts like a breakwater to protect the harboring area.

Fishing charters and the evening booze cruise go out every day.

d4Mb8PR.jpg


Joke is that it is our Russian submarine.

1Cwv5xx.jpg


I have a guy who brings me fresh Pargo every day when I'm in town.

wadXwSZ.jpg


This is the big WEBBER grill for a size comp.

3uYnDUA.jpg
 
Here’s two I took;
In my younger days. RTB at sunset to Oliver Hazard Perry (FFG-7) “The Original”. Nothing beats a sunset at sea!

One more, when I was younger than the last one.
When you chase the sunset at 25,000 feet, it never goes down (but we weren’t thaat fast!)

Awesome pictures. ;)

Tony
 
Here’s two I took;
In my younger days. RTB at sunset to Oliver Hazard Perry (FFG-7) “The Original”. Nothing beats a sunset at sea!
View attachment 3111

One more, when I was younger than the last one.
When you chase the sunset at 25,000 feet, it never goes down (but we weren’t thaat fast!)

View attachment 3112
We’re you a Naval Aviator? Those are awesome pics!
M.
 
We’re you a Naval Aviator? Those are awesome pics!
M.
Nope. Surface Warfare. Was Combat Systems Officer (3rd in Command) on the OHP. In charge of all the ships weapons systems and sensors. We were doing heliborne counter-narco and returning to the ship. I was the onboard (& inflight) desig marksman having been a member of the USN shooting team. CO wanted a guy he had faith in because any shots fired were under USCG & JTF6 direction and bound to make the papers.

Second pic was me @ 25kft in a T-2 Buckeye. Navy wanted me in the flight program really bad, and was trying to recruit me (mid-70’s). One small problem; Fudd wore spectacles, and occasionally made spectacles as well. Anyway, I wasn’t going to let some dumbass with perfect vision fly me into the side of a mountain at .8 Mach as a back-seater, so it was off to the floaty boats. I’ll post up my selfie, before that was a term of me in the cockpit on another flight. Talked the Navy into a metric shit-ton of flight hours, because; 1) I’d been flying since I was 14 and 2) anytime a guy went to no-fly status for med or hangovers, I took his time. Then the draft ended but I stuck around for the next 20 or so until my knees quit and so did I. Still a licensed pilot, but the wife won’t let me take our son up, so it’s kinda the past tense of an old warrior. I miss that shit, though.
 
Nope. Surface Warfare. Was Combat Systems Officer (3rd in Command) on the OHP. In charge of all the ships weapons systems and sensors. We were doing heliborne counter-narco and returning to the ship. I was the onboard (& inflight) desig marksman having been a member of the USN shooting team. CO wanted a guy he had faith in because any shots fired were under USCG & JTF6 direction and bound to make the papers.

Second pic was me @ 25kft in a T-2 Buckeye. Navy wanted me in the flight program really bad, and was trying to recruit me (mid-70’s). One small problem; Fudd wore spectacles, and occasionally made spectacles as well. Anyway, I wasn’t going to let some dumbass with perfect vision fly me into the side of a mountain at .8 Mach as a back-seater, so it was off to the floaty boats. I’ll post up my selfie, before that was a term of me in the cockpit on another flight. Talked the Navy into a metric shit-ton of flight hours, because; 1) I’d been flying since I was 14 and 2) anytime a guy went to no-fly status for med or hangovers, I took his time. Then the draft ended but I stuck around for the next 20 or so until my knees quit and so did I. Still a licensed pilot, but the wife won’t let me take our son up, so it’s kinda the past tense of an old warrior. I miss that shit, though.

Awesome story--- thank you for your service to our country. 🇺🇸
We need that old warrior mindset and grit--- especially nowadays. ;)

Tony
 
Back
Top