What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grip tape

Deputydave

Been comparing my P2000 and USPc. I really like both and it's hard to pick a favorite between the two of them. The USPc is a tad smaller in some of the dimensions, the P2000 is a tad lighter. The P2000 feels amazing in the hand. Not that the USPc feels bad, just not as good. But it did great in the Outlaw match I shot back in December. I decided the grip texturing on the front of the grip is one of the main differences. The USPc has very aggressive texturing in that location. I decided to purchase one of those Talon-clone rubberized grips to try on it. I've used them in the past on pistols like the Ruger LC9s and really liked how it felt. This one is from GripOn which looks to be the front and sides while leaving the back strap uncovered which I think will work out really well.

Anyone use one of the grip tape brands on their HK pistols? If so, which one and how do you like it?

jorayr97

I use the Talongrips on my USPc 45 as well as my HK45c that I carry. I like the grip of the Talons better than the factory grip. I use the rubberized grip and don't feel that it adds to much additional size to the grip. It looks like Talon has a new Pro series that is a combination of the rubber and granulated version that I am thinking about trying on my USPc 357 I picked up recently.

Deputydave

Received the grip tape in the mail this afternoon. Simple matter to clean the grip up with the included alcohol pad then apply the grip and use a hair dryer to press it all in. I like it! I got the rubberized one and it gives me a firm yet comfortable grip. Very impressed the the few bucks it cost. Makes me want to start carrying the USPc in place of the P365, at least for a while.

Deputydave

Well it's been a couple of days and I'm just digging the feel of the new grip. Just something about it. As such, I've been carrying it and thoroughly enjoying it :)