What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H&K 21E Extractor vs. H&K 23E Extractor Comparison

Lamont

Staff member
Apparently there is some confusion about this. They are NOT identical.

HKParts,net lists them as being the same thing. Maybe a 23E Extractor works in a 21E, I don't know, I never tried this and never will. What I do know is that I imported a number of 23E, 21E, and 21A1 parts sets back in 2015-2016. They came from new, never issued (but test fired at the factory no doubt) guns that had been deactivated to the German standards of that time. The bolt faces were chopped and the barrels pinned and welded. I got the Firing Pins/Springs and the Extractor/Pins/Springs, which were removed from the bolt heads before they were trashed. I got only three 21E's, the majority of the 20+ parts sets I obtained were 23E.

The 23E Extractor has a flat hook. The 21E Extractor has a groove cut in the hook for the rim of the cartridge case. This has nothing to do with MM or BPP bolts/extractor setups, or any others. I know nothing about that. This has to do with what I observed out of genuine H&K Oberndorf 23E's and 21E's. I have a bunch of 23E. I only have a couple of 21E. This correlates to the numbers of what parts sets I received, minus a few sold. The pics on HKParts.net are, as far as I can tell, of 23E Extractors, even though they advertise it as being a part that fits both the 21E and the 23E. Maybe it does work, I don't know. But that's not what Oberndorf put in the guns I got.

Attachments

• 23 E.png
    23 E.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 21 E.png
    21 E.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Lamont

Staff member
Thanks. I was actually working on listing these and checked their site to see what I should be asking, and was surprised to see that "it's the same part for both calibers". Not.