What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from MO

Guyanaman1963

Welcome to the site.
Would love to hear your thoughts on what you carry, how you carry, and why. My wife has issues racking most slides, and figuring out how to properly conceal and still make it available.
M.

2agirl

Welcome to the site.
Would love to hear your thoughts on what you carry, how you carry, and why. My wife has issues racking most slides, and figuring out how to properly conceal and still make it available.
M.
M.
Great question!! So my husband and I have a FFL here in Wright City MO, and we have a lot of new customers that are women and of all ages! If someone is having a hard time racking the slide we usually recommend the M&P shield EZ! It comes in a .380 & 9mm! It’s a great edc or CCW pistol for women who have a hard time. I personally carry the P365 I like that it has 10 +1 with the option of 12+1 and I appendix carry it but kinda on my right side and not so much in the middle if that makes sense. I’m 5’6 and 135lbs so It’s small enough to conceal in most outfits! I use a kydex holster most of the time that has a wing on it so I don’t print as bad and then I have a soft holster called the Sticky Holster I believe and that one I use when I carry a little crossbody purse! Hope this helps and I didn’t rant on to much lol 😜

Guyanaman1963

M.
Great question!! So my husband and I have a FFL here in Wright City MO, and we have a lot of new customers that are women and of all ages! If someone is having a hard time racking the slide we usually recommend the M&P shield EZ! It comes in a .380 & 9mm! It’s a great edc or CCW pistol for women who have a hard time. I personally carry the P365 I like that it has 10 +1 with the option of 12+1 and I appendix carry it but kinda on my right side and not so much in the middle if that makes sense. I’m 5’6 and 135lbs so It’s small enough to conceal in most outfits! I use a kydex holster most of the time that has a wing on it so I don’t print as bad and then I have a soft holster called the Sticky Holster I believe and that one I use when I carry a little crossbody purse! Hope this helps and I didn’t rant on to much lol 😜
Rant? That was a great answer!!!
So you hit it right on the head! I took her to the LGS and the owner, who is a good friend of mine, introduced himself to her…. I walked away!!! 😂
He showed her everything in the case and she finally picked the S&W EZ in .380.
You are right, it is easier to operate… now I just have to get her to start carrying it.
Baby steps!

Thanks for the honest answer!!!!
M.

2agirl

Rant? That was a great answer!!!
So you hit it right on the head! I took her to the LGS and the owner, who is a good friend of mine, introduced himself to her…. I walked away!!! 😂
He showed her everything in the case and she finally picked the S&W EZ in .380.
You are right, it is easier to operate… now I just have to get her to start carrying it.
Baby steps!

Thanks for the honest answer!!!!
M.
She will love that one!!! Does she have her CCW yet too? Or taken the class yet? I don’t leave my house without mine!! Tell her to just wear it around the house so she gets used to it maybe. Then it will just become apart of her daily routine! It’s better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. But you are right..baby steps!! She will get there!

Guyanaman1963

She will love that one!!! Does she have her CCW yet too? Or taken the class yet? I don’t leave my house without mine!! Tell her to just wear it around the house so she gets used to it maybe. Then it will just become apart of her daily routine! It’s better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. But you are right..baby steps!! She will get there!
Yes she has her CCW And has had it for years now.
I will take your suggestion to her and hopefully she will, at the least, try it for awhile!
Thanks for the advise!!!!
M.