What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK roller lock rifles

HK roller lock rifles

• Leave as designed - look as designed - Old school.

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Redesign with more modern features even if look is changed but maintain the RL functionality.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

ENDER

Staff member
I answered 'leave as designed'. To be fair, I don't know what you have on the drawing board, but after seeing Magpul's MP5 offering - I just appreciate the classic look. I don't even like a welded on rail.

copdoc

Change is good....friends dont let friends be fuds...
🤔🤔🤔so now, mp5, hk33 and g3 are fudd guns???? 40-50 years ago they were laughed at for little things like paint, sheet metal and plastic.

You ain't from around here are ya boy? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

flybynt

🤔🤔🤔so now, mp5, hk33 and g3 are fudd guns???? 40-50 years ago they were laughed at for little things like paint, sheet metal and plastic.

You ain't from around here are ya boy? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Nope thats not what I meant and I guess you dont know me very well 😂.

I love my classic HK guns or wouldnt have so many of em.

I just want some new flavor in the RL world as we still have the classics and nobody is saying they need to go away anytime soon. I would love to see updates to make them more relevant to both myself and a new generation of shooters.

Last edited:

Guyanaman1963

Nope thats not what I meant and I guess you dont know me very well 😂.

I love my classics HK guns or wouldnt have so many of em.

I just want some new flavor in the RL world as we still have the classics and nobody is saying they need to go away anytime soon. I would love to see updates to make them more relevant to both myself and a new generation of shooters.
I feel the same way! Love the classics but, yeah… a little improvement and modernization can’t hurt.
maybe add a little dressing on the side!
M.

Aeg15

Ill take modernized versions with the foundation of the RL being the engine of the platform. Look at what HK has done with their Piston systems from the G36 to the 416 and even the 433s. Roller lock rifles could be an awesome platform if there were better and more modern (and more available) mounts, stocks, rails, and hand guard options.

flybynt

Ill take modernized versions with the foundation of the RL being the engine of the platform. Look at what HK has done with their Piston systems from the G36 to the 416 and even the 433s. Roller lock rifles could be an awesome platform if there were better and more modern (and more available) mounts, stocks, rails, and hand guard options.
Exactly!

Runningmancs

I would be willing to see the newer style and give it a chance if it’s functional. But I have two sides to my brain, top functionality at any cost, and the other side functions on pure aesthetics. So I’m constantly battleing with myself. Lately aesthetics is winning.

SubRosa

Same as putting neckwrecker tires/wheels on a real Cobra...

S u b R o s a

Blackwing

Looks like the "leave-it-alones" have it by almost 90%. Unfortunately, parts are drying up in the US and only imported pistol calibers weapons will remain. PTR G3's will be it for rifles for as long as they can hold out..