What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HKParts Site Bug?

Vinz Klortho

Can someone please visit the HKParts site, click around for a few minutes, and tell me if you get redirected, or whatever it's called, to some funky website.
Something is amiss. Perhaps it's the latest CME reaching earth?

ENDER

Staff member
Can someone please visit the HKParts site, click around for a few minutes, and tell me if you get redirected, or whatever it's called, to some funky website.
Something is amiss. Perhaps it's the latest CME reaching earth?
I spent some time on it earlier today using my PC with Chrome. No issues or redirects. Reports from elsewhere indicated that it was happening while using mobile devices.

Vinz Klortho

It's just that site too. I went to Midway and Summit Racing, browsed for a bit, no problems.
It's definitely foreign. They use the Euro style dates with the month in the middle.
Thanks

Manofdusk

Just was there looking for some poly housing selector levers. No problems when I was there and it was less than 10 minutes ago.

HKFan2000

Apparently someone hijacked a plugin they use on their site to cause the redirects, or something along those lines. You're not alone but I'd be cautious browsing there for at least a few days.

Vinz Klortho

Someone really doesn't like them. Didn't their credit card info get hacked a while ago?

ENDER

Staff member
People still shop at HKParts? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony
Still a necessary evil. And that's coming from someone who knows most of the internet HK nooks and crannies.

But yes Tony, not everyone owns at least one of everything HK :geek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::geek:

MSOGDAWG

CCs did get hacked a while back, there was a stink raised on the other site, HKP came in guns blazing in usual fashion defending themselves.

IMO they have a complex of "yeah we got it and if you want it pay out your ass" and "oh by the way we care about your money only"

They are a source for often rare parts and they know that. I have heard good reviews on their CS but I personally have gotten trashy, snippy attitude twice.

If I have to buy there I place everything in my basket, go to checkout, get the amount then get a prepaid card.

AGG

Staff member
Still a necessary evil. And that's coming from someone who knows most of the internet HK nooks and crannies.

But yes Tony, not everyone owns at least one of everything HK :geek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::geek:

I don't have a P7M7. ;)

Tony

AGG

Staff member
CCs did get hacked a while back, there was a stink raised on the other site, HKP came in guns blazing in usual fashion defending themselves.

IMO they have a complex of "yeah we got it and if you want it pay out your ass" and "oh by the way we care about your money only"

They are a source for often rare parts and they know that. I have heard good reviews on their CS but I personally have gotten trashy, snippy attitude twice.

If I have to buy there I place everything in my basket, go to checkout, get the amount then get a prepaid card.

And selling "non-German" diopter sights as "German". :rolleyes:

Tony

Elkaholic

I buy a few things from them. If possible I buy elsewhere first. About every other order is messed up. They have always made it right in somewhat of a timely matter (after I return the wrong part). About 3 weeks ago I e mailed them about a couple of items. I asked if they are marked B&T like in the picture? She responded back with some are and some aren't. I responded back with I want to buy 2 but only if they are marked B&T. If not I don't want them. she responded back with leave a note of that in the comments. I responded back with what if that doesn't work? she responded back with I will go pack it myself. did she? No!!! was there a note to talk to her before shipping? yes.