What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing heine sights

Pattrick70

Just purchased heine sights for my p30 sks. First install and looking for any advice/tips so I don’t ruin my gun or sights. From what I have read it’s not as easy as I thought it would be.

Mildot

While I haven't installed Henie sights specifically, I would suggest a good sight pusher, test fit the sights and "degrease" the dovetail and the sight with some alcohol. Clean the dovetail with a wire brush as well.
Once you start installing the sight, use even pressure and it should "flow" into the dovetail with limited resistance, make sure you start it straight. Myself I like to use a caliper to get the sight as even as possible, if you have a good eye, you can do it that way. Also I don't like to move the sight back in the other direction, while I'm sure its OK, once I get close I'll measure and finish the install keeping the sight going in one direction.

Last edited:

Lamont

Staff member
Welcome to the sight--- @TooSixy can provide information. ;)

Tony
While TooSixy is indeed our resident sight installation SME, if he does not weigh in after a bit, Mildot is a professional armorer for a well known LE agency and the OP can rely on his instructions as well.

Don't do it without a sight pusher. "Pay once, cry once".

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
Hand fit the sights until you can push them in by hand about 1/3 of the dovetail. You want to take off just a little material at a time, test fit, and repeat.

It doesn't matter which way you drift the sights in, either left to right, or right to left.

If you want to invest in a good sight pusher, get one of the MGW sight pushers. They are expensive but built to last and make your job a walk in the park. Or send them to me.

Get a set of fine diamond files, like these on Amazon. That's what I use.

Lamont

Staff member
Hand fit the sights until you can push them in by hand about 1/3 of the dovetail. You want to take off just a little material at a time, test fit, and repeat.

It doesn't matter which way you drift the sights in, either left to right, or right to left.

If you want to invest in a good sight pusher, get one of the MGW sight pushers. They are expensive but built to last and make your job a walk in the park. Or send them to me.

Get a set of fine diamond files, like these on Amazon. That's what I use.

Like I said, "Resident Sight Installation Subject Matter Expert". Dozens if not hundreds of installs under his belt, over many years. Many of them done FOR FREE, for members of the other site, which repaid him for his generosity and expertise with the back of their hand. He's "The Fifth Beatle" of this one. :cool:

Last edited:

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
Like I said, "Resident Sight Installation Subject Matter Expert". Dozens if not hundreds of installs under his belt, over many years. Many of them done FOR FREE, for members of the other site, which repaid him for his generosity and expertise with the back of their hand. He's "The Fifth Beatle" of this one. :cool:
Thanks for the kind words, brother.

Pattrick70

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m going to try tomorrow, if I fail I know where to go lol. Thanks.