What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just my WAG

DRYHEAT

Just a WAG why HK clones + Franklin BFS are so popular...
s7SL5WR.jpg

ugvR9Mx.jpg

D4lvYC8.jpg

Lamont

Staff member
There is an easy way to vaccinate yourself against the desire to spend this kind of money on this gun......go shoot one a bit, and after that a suppressed SBR version will do you just fine. People who've never dealt with this gun in it's full auto guise have no personal experience of how absolutely filthy that thing gets, and how quickly. Additionally, recall that the envisioned purpose for this gun was to be used with the selector set to semi. Witness the fact that all of the Bundespolizei you see patrolling the airports in Germany have an MP5 with a trigger group installed that allows only semi auto fire. Full auto is an option. but not a great one. When I was stationed there, the Polizei in West Berlin would use the Rose Range complex. They had a full body silhouette target, with arms and legs, and were practicing putting rounds into those arms and legs. On semi. Knowing all this, if the desire to crank rounds downrange still exists, Franklin will do you just fine.

andrew1182

There is an easy way to vaccinate yourself against the desire to spend this kind of money on this gun......go shoot one a bit, and after that a suppressed SBR version will do you just fine. People who've never dealt with this gun in it's full auto guise have no personal experience of how absolutely filthy that thing gets, and how quickly. Additionally, recall that the envisioned purpose for this gun was to be used with the selector set to semi. Witness the fact that all of the Bundespolizei you see patrolling the airports in Germany have an MP5 with a trigger group installed that allows only semi auto fire. Full auto is an option. but not a great one. When I was stationed there, the Polizei in West Berlin would use the Rose Range complex. They had a full body silhouette target, with arms and legs, and were practicing putting rounds into those arms and legs. On semi. Knowing all this, if the desire to crank rounds downrange still exists, Franklin will do you just fine.
You speak the truth! When you're running one of those in full auto, especially suppressed, you're going to spend 1.5hrs minimum to get it clean. I really dread people asking to shoot it because I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the night....