What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like I'm going to be lonely in here...

dirtyharriett

I have two daughters that love Shooting HK's , dose that count?
It counts some. What I have yet to meet is another woman who eats, drinks and sleeps this stuff with an unimaginable passion to the point of being totally consumed by it. Then spend over 15 years obsessing over their HK collection and spending well... I don't have to explain this to any serious collector in this forum... we all know what a financial commitment this hobby is. This level of HK obsession I have never seen in another woman and is what I am referring to. Heck even my local male gun hobby friends are no where near as crazy about this stuff as I am... they think I'm nuts. It is an illness that I fear has no cure.

AGG

Staff member
It counts some. What I have yet to meet is another woman who eats, drinks and sleeps this stuff with an unimaginable passion to the point of being totally consumed by it. Then spend over 15 years obsessing over their HK collection and spending well... I don't have to explain this to any serious collector in this forum... we all know what a financial commitment this hobby is. This level of HK obsession I have never seen in another woman and is what I am referring to. Heck even my local male gun hobby friends are no where near as crazy about this stuff as I am... they think I'm nuts. It is an illness that I fear has no cure.

We can only be enablers--- I am an equal opportunity obsessor--- Beretta, Colt, FN, HK, Steyr, etc.. 🤣

Tony

Letzte Runde in MT

Contributing member
Nice to meet you.
Yes, it is true you are an addict.
I know , as many here do , because I am one to ... welcome to HK Anonymous .
I've been at it so long... I can't remember when I started , but I know I will stop when I die.

dirtyharriett

We can only be enablers--- I am an equal opportunity obsessor--- Beretta, Colt, FN, HK, Steyr, etc.. 🤣

Tony
Tony, while HK is by far my greatest love... I too have also collected other brands and have been down many side paths especially with B&T. Since B&T hit the US shores with their offerings I kind of got side tracked for a little bit and purchased a total of 15 B&T's from 2015 to 2019. I'm only keeping 3 of them... 2 APC223's and my SPR300 which is by far my favorite B&T. As far as Steyr goes I still have my AUG A3 NATO and with FN I have sold them all... M249S, FS2000 and PS90. I also at one time slightly got into collecting Colt snake revolvers but quickly came to my senses on that one after having an 8" Anaconda, 6" King Cobra, and many Colt 1911's. As far as Beretta goes... I've had a ARX100 when they first hit the market... at least 3 92's in various forms and way way back I actually had a Beretta storm (hangs head in shame on that one... lol). I've made a spreadsheet just to keep up with the long guns I used to have before old age robs me of my memory. I've had and sold/traded over 60 long guns over the last 15 plus years. I've sold and traded way too many handguns to even remember them all... even more than the long guns. One thing that held true as my journey progressed was that HK became and stayed my favorite... it always will be. Now if we could just talk HK into bringing the 433's and the MP7 to the US market... lol... I know I know... yeah I got it REAL BAD.

Brad4065

Tony, while HK is by far my greatest love... I too have also collected other brands and have been down many side paths especially with B&T. Since B&T hit the US shores with their offerings I kind of got side tracked for a little bit and purchased a total of 15 B&T's from 2015 to 2019. I'm only keeping 3 of them... 2 APC223's and my SPR300 which is by far my favorite B&T. As far as Steyr goes I still have my AUG A3 NATO and with FN I have sold them all... M249S, FS2000 and PS90. I also at one time slightly got into collecting Colt snake revolvers but quickly came to my senses on that one after having an 8" Anaconda, 6" King Cobra, and many Colt 1911's. As far as Beretta goes... I've had a ARX100 when they first hit the market... at least 3 92's in various forms and way way back I actually had a Beretta storm (hangs head in shame on that one... lol). I've made a spreadsheet just to keep up with the long guns I used to have before old age robs me of my memory. I've had and sold/traded over 60 long guns over the last 15 plus years. I've sold and traded way too many handguns to even remember them all... even more than the long guns. One thing that held true as my journey progressed was that HK became and stayed my favorite... it always will be. Now if we could just talk HK into bringing the 433's and the MP7 to the US market... lol... I know I know... yeah I got it REAL BAD.
Well......at least you realize you have a "problem" 😂 ;)

Just Kidding.......if you looked at my place you'd say the same.

dirtyharriett

Nice to meet you.
Yes, it is true you are an addict.
I know , as many here do , because I am one to ... welcome to HK Anonymous .
I've been at it so long... I can't remember when I started , but I know I will stop when I die.

Nice to meet you too... I highly agree with the stopping part... I will have to be dead to stop wanting/buying HK presents for myself... lol.

dirtyharriett

Well......at least you realize you have a "problem" 😂 ;)

Just Kidding.......if you looked at my place you'd say the same.
If you asked my friends and family I think they would say I have more than a problem... lol. I don't regret it at all except for the great fear of my babies being taken away via politics. If I had the chance to do it all over again... the only thing I would change is I would ONLY buy HK almost exclusively. I could have saved a LOT of time, money and headaches.

rmepilot

She's a little older than you and her bite is worse than her bark, but she still looks great in black...

1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Grease Gunner

I’ve been looking far and wide for a woman who will accept my “habit” but alas there seems be none in my area who understand the Class III disease and how it affects your life....once you get a taste, it’s all over....I’ve worked my way up and finally have a pair of real MP5’s (MP5 and MP5SD) plus various other HK type host guns and other machine guns. Seems like women don’t understand the pleasure that comes from automatic weapons firing :)

I’ve also come to this conclusion-if it has t@ts, tires, or a trigger, it’s gonna be fun but expensive. LOL

AGG

Staff member
I’ve been looking far and wide for a woman who will accept my “habit” but alas there seems be none in my area who understand the Class III disease and how it affects your life....once you get a taste, it’s all over....I’ve worked my way up and finally have a pair of real MP5’s (MP5 and MP5SD) plus various other HK type host guns and other machine guns. Seems like women don’t understand the pleasure that comes from automatic weapons firing :)

I’ve also come to this conclusion-if it has t@ts, tires, or a trigger, it’s gonna be fun but expensive. LOL

The 3 "T's"--- a wise observation.

Tony