Members ammo

Brit wwi purple smoke for Webley shoulder stocked flare launcher. 1916

No I'm not going to shoot it. Lol. Its inert.


20260821_190458.jpg
 
Lol. I hope you are retired. That's a lot of work even if u have a progressive.
 
Lol. I hope you are retired. That's a lot of work even if u have a progressive.

Retired since this last February, so am getting back into shooting/reloading.
I have two Dillon RL550 Progressive Presses that are separately set up for Small & Large Primers, because it's a PIA to swap & adjust primer feeds. I also have two Dillon Rapid Trimmers that are set up & precisely measured for trimming .223 & .308, and each are on RCBS Partner Presses that I can just swap out the entire press & trimmer on my reloading bench in minutes (without having to dink around with swapping & measuring trimmer dies). The last item is my old reliable Lyman Spar-T (6 die) Turret Press that I've had since I was a teenager. The Spar-T Press is my workhorse for all resizing/depriming operations and for reloading those oddball cartridges on occasion. I don't use the Dillon RL550 presses for depriming/resizing as all the brass that goes into those presses has first been deprimed/resized/trimmed & highly polished before they ever touch these presses.

Fun Fact: There is no such thing as 5.56x45mm or 7.62x51mm (or 5.56 NATO or 7.62 NATO) Reloading Dies; just .223 Rem & .308 Win.
 
Last edited:
Speaking of Shotgun Shells, who remembers a time when there were smaller No.57 & No.157 Primers that you had to check for when reloading; otherwise, they'd need the larger No.97 or (current) No.209 primers? I still have a bunch of old empty shotshells that take the smaller primers, but when I eventually run out of those primers, I remember us kids (age of 13 or 14 back then) would just force/ram the larger 209 primers into the smaller primer pockets; problem solved! Back then, Remington held onto the smaller 57/157 primers, whereas Winchester & Federal had moved on to the 209 primers.

IMG_0554.jpeg IMG_0557.jpeg

I still have a bunch of old CCI primers that I intend to use up:
IMG_0555.jpeg
 
Old ones still work. I would say if you are looking for precision loads get newer ones but I'm not sure if older ones aren't actually better. Just dug out the last of the old ones.

20260927_170906.jpg
 
1943 BMG cloth belt for agricultural use. Used by factory. I have seen pic of another one

20261001_110527.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: AGG
Back
Top