What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Model 4 aluminum frame.

MMissile

I believe there's a reason the Nazis had steel frame Mauser HSC pistols. 380 is too snappy for the 4. Yes, the buffer was good.
post HK4 broken.jpg

Tailflash

Well that just killed my interest in ever adding a HK4 w/all the caliber kits to my collection. Don't know how much the salvageable parts could fetch, but IMHO, if carefully reassembled with the top slide and some duct tape around the trigger frame, would be a prime candidate for one of those inner city gun buyback programs...

AGG

Staff member
Well that just killed my interest in ever adding a HK4 w/all the caliber kits to my collection. Don't know how much the salvageable parts could fetch, but IMHO, if carefully reassembled with the top slide and some duct tape around the trigger frame, would be a prime candidate for one of those inner city gun buyback programs...

Or a throwdown. ;)

Tony

MMissile

....or an example for others to see. I still have the frame, as it's a registered part....and reminder.

MMissile

Kinda kills off a luke warm idea of getting one to have in 22lr.
I think they're fine in 22, 25, and probably 32. I shot mine in 22, and it was fine. I really don't have any fondness for the caliber, though.

Guyanaman1963

This!
i have been looking for the right one to come along... but I believe its now time to change direction!
M.

Nehalem Man

I almost bought one last year but something else shiny took my attention elsewhere. I've always liked the look of them and the P9. Maybe its good that I passed?

@MMissile...Walther did produce some PP and PPK models with the "Duralumin" frames in WW2, but I think they were. 32 ACP.

Last edited:

MMissile

I almost bought one last year but something else shiny took my attention elsewhere. I've always liked the look of them and the P9. Maybe its good that I passed?

@MMissile...Walther did produce some PP and PPK models with the "Duralumin" frames in WW2, but I think they were. 32 ACP.
Correct.

MMissile

Pressure cast aluminum can be dangerous--- hope no one was injured.

Tony
No injuries, but it freaked me out when I squeezed the trigger, and nothing happened. I saw the trigger-loop hanging down, looked at my wife...and went "uh-oh". I never looked for another one, because I only wanted a .380 version to carry. I figured it wasn't a good idea.

MMissile

Come to think of it. That's the only firearm I've owned, that had a catastrophic break... of any kind.

Nitrox1

That sucks. Glad you didn’t get injured. I have one in .380 in my reference collection, but have never shot it and don’t plan on it.

AGG

Staff member
That sucks. Glad you didn’t get injured. I have one in .380 in my reference collection, but have never shot it and don’t plan on it.

Welcome to the site--- I would shoot it with a smaller caliber conversion kit.

Tony

Shattered

No injuries, but it freaked me out when I squeezed the trigger, and nothing happened. I saw the trigger-loop hanging down, looked at my wife...and went "uh-oh". I never looked for another one, because I only wanted a .380 version to carry. I figured it wasn't a good idea.
Hmmm. That’s kinda why I stopped shooting mine. Pics like these. That said, I’ll bet I’ve fired several thousand HOT reloads in mine and still no stress marks...yet, and believe me, after seeing a similar pic a decade ago, I parked the 380 barrel. I have two 22 setups and one has the place of honor now. Still use it in 22 but not exactly a carry item anymore. Works fine...but.

tonyt915

Ive had mine for 4-5 years. Came with the .380 and then sourced a .22lr kit. Still barely shoot it cause its never really functioned 100%. Guess I should just leave it alone