What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOUND MP5 Wood Furniture

rc51pete

I’m looking for a wood handguard & stock set for a MP5 or someone that can convert a G3 set.

Attachments

• 7606AF27-131D-4273-9767-F765D7565B69.jpeg
    7606AF27-131D-4273-9767-F765D7565B69.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 12

rc51pete

He’s the only person I’ve found so far. I really like the front hand guard. I want more of a G3 looking rear. Still might end up going with him for both. He said $180+$200+ shipping which isn’t bad. You have to get a pic rail end cap for the stock.

jorayr97

Just a thought but maybe see if you send him the end cap he can fit it to the stock instead of the pic rail attachment.

jdowney

In your original picture, the grip is one of mine (sold through RTG) and the shortened surplus HG is done like one of mine (shortened at the front) but the wood is then smoothed down to meet the cap, which normally I don't do as it makes finish matching more difficult. Stock is most likely surplus with one of the now unavailable G3 back plates from RTG. I say "most likely" because the sling plate is kind of a pain to let into a piece of wood - it can be done but I've rarely seen it on custom work.

If you can do the metal work, making one of those back plates from a G3 or CETME one shouldn't be too difficult, then it needs finishing with duracoat or a similar product.

I like the reddit guy's work, seen it before now and then. I would have some concerns about HG durability from the way he does the ends, the Germans used metal caps for a reason. Honestly though, at that price it might be worth trying out and seeing if the HG lasts. Not everyone shares my views on durability, and more robust solution adds time and money, it's just the way of things. If you like the HG and think the risk/price ratio is reasonable, then I would say try it out.