What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MP5SD Factory scope

Lamont

Staff member
Finally got this mounted up, can't wait to zero it and see what she can do. Had to remove the rear sight to get clearance, I opted NOT to get the higher mount with the tunnel for irons, the offset is bad enough already. Probably needs a piggyback or offset micro dot or something. If I was having TPM do the build again (and I would, not a single malfunction on this gun in thousands of rounds) I'd have the rail made longer, as long as possible, I will need an extension rail to play around with more than one device being mounted......Note that this is an actual factory issued 9mm scope, not a 7.62NATO surplus scope with fake turret markings. The label in the lid of the case for these are marked MP5/MP5K, those for 5.56 are marked HK33/33E. There are people faking the BDC turret cap, but no one ever faked the case labels. I'll post a short tutorial on HK scopes of this type below.

Attachments

• DSC07122.JPG
    DSC07122.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC07131.JPG
    DSC07131.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC07130.JPG
    DSC07130.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC07128.JPG
    DSC07128.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01448.JPG
    DSC01448.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Lamont

Staff member
"A word about fakes. There are a couple of ebay sellers based in Germany who have for years been selling BW surplus Z24 scopes that they have "tailored" to the American market, and they made a lot of money ripping people off. Here's how to tell what you're looking at. All of the BW surplus scopes are marked "Fero-Z24" at the rear of the tube. If it has this marking, it is a surplus scope and the BDC is set up for 7.62. The scopes that H&K ordered to be supplied with the 33E or the MP5/MP5k do not have this marking, only a 6 digit serial number. The 33E scopes are marked "0.5" beneath the serial number, MP5/MP5K scopes are marked "0.25". Surplus BW scopes have no similar marking underneath the serial number. The BW scopes are not originally marked for caliber and there is more than enough space on the ring to add ".223", which is what these two sellers did. Fake .223 turret rings have also been made. America does .223, not so much the rest of the world or foreign mil/LE buyers. A real 5.56 scope will be marked "5.56 NATO", not ".223". For the faked 9mm models the BDC markings of course could not be remotely similar, so they had new turret caps made to simulate the correct markings, but they marked them "9mm Nato". A real MP5/MP5k scope will be marked "9 NATO". Last of all, BW surplus scopes I have seen have flat head tapered screws to attach to the mount, real 33E and MP5/MP5K have dome head screws."

Lamont

Staff member
If any of the members here want a real factory 33E scope, I have the one left that I put aside years ago along with this 9mm scope. It's NOS, complete with case/filter/cleaning kit. $1950/shipped. Yeah I know this isn't the WTS section. First I'll "take it", follow up by PM.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 22

AGG

Staff member
Finally got this mounted up, can't wait to zero it and see what she can do. Had to remove the rear sight to get clearance, I opted NOT to get the higher mount with the tunnel for irons, the offset is bad enough already. Probably needs a piggyback or offset micro dot or something. If I was having TPM do the build again (and I would, not a single malfunction on this gun in thousands of rounds) I'd have the rail made longer, as long as possible, I will need an extension rail to play around with more than one device being mounted......Note that this is an actual factory issued 9mm scope, not a 7.62NATO surplus scope with fake turret markings. The label in the lid of the case for these are marked MP5/MP5K, those for 5.56 are marked HK33/33E. There are people faking the BDC turret cap, but no one ever faked the case labels. I'll post a short tutorial on HK scopes of this type below.

Absolut wunderbar. 😲

Tony

AGG

Staff member
"A word about fakes. There are a couple of ebay sellers based in Germany who have for years been selling BW surplus Z24 scopes that they have "tailored" to the American market, and they made a lot of money ripping people off. Here's how to tell what you're looking at. All of the BW surplus scopes are marked "Fero-Z24" at the rear of the tube. If it has this marking, it is a surplus scope and the BDC is set up for 7.62. The scopes that H&K ordered to be supplied with the 33E or the MP5/MP5k do not have this marking, only a 6 digit serial number. The 33E scopes are marked "0.5" beneath the serial number, MP5/MP5K scopes are marked "0.25". Surplus BW scopes have no similar marking underneath the serial number. The BW scopes are not originally marked for caliber and there is more than enough space on the ring to add ".223", which is what these two sellers did. Fake .223 turret rings have also been made. America does .223, not so much the rest of the world or foreign mil/LE buyers. A real 5.56 scope will be marked "5.56 NATO", not ".223". For the faked 9mm models the BDC markings of course could not be remotely similar, so they had new turret caps made to simulate the correct markings, but they marked them "9mm Nato". A real MP5/MP5k scope will be marked "9 NATO". Last of all, BW surplus scopes I have seen have flat head tapered screws to attach to the mount, real 33E and MP5/MP5K have dome head screws."

Excellent tutorial--- I may have to duplicate (with reference to you) and place as a Sticky in the Reference Section. ;)

Tony