What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New HK P2000 Owner

Maxdom

So I just put $$$ down on an FDE LNIB P2000 V3 9mm. I owned a P2000 and P2000SK with LEM in .40 S&W many years ago but let them go due to gong back to Glocks. This new P2000 has an outstanding trigger pull, and I can't believe I never tried the 9mm's or the TDA versions of the P2000.
Here in CA, the P2000 is one of the few TDA pistols on the state's roster that people can purchase. I cannot believe how little love these guns get here.
I have a couple of questions.
First, does HK still sell the rubberized backstrap inserts?
Second, I will need night sights, but am looking for suggestions?
Finally, any suggestions on AIWB holsters for this one?
Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:

AGG

Staff member
Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the incoming acquisition. :)
More versed P2000 owners will respond. ;)

Tony

LEMming

Glad to have you here! P2000's are such great guns.

As far as AIWB-specific holsters, I highly recommend JM Custom Kydex. I think I have at least a half dozen of his holsters. They're fantastic. All of the little touches in fitment to the gun, contouring of various parts of the holster, placement of attachment pieces, etc. really lend them well to having excellent ergonomics while also keeping performance in mind.

My personal favorite JMCK holster is the AIWB Wing Claw 2.5. I use pull-the-dot loops on most of mine. The wide loop spacing keeps the holster stable on the belt much more than holsters with close-spaced loops centered on top of the holster (like most do). Also, the claw rotates the grip inward such that concealment is excellent.

As far as night sights, there aren't a lot of sight options for the P2K in general, let alone night sights. The few I know of off hand are:
All of those are good. Personally, I am not a fan of the Trijicon HD's. For one, I really dislike U-notch rear sights. Also, the front size is a massive 0.144" width and 0.169" rear notch. That's huge and not great from an accuracy standpoint at distance. Sights are an individual preference, though, so to each their own.

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
@Maxdom Welcome!

Meprolight is the factory standard night sights and I'd strongly recommend those. Have done many, many sight installs with these Meprolight over the years.