What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old School Muzzle Brakes, found these in my parts bin.

Miami_JBT

Found these in my parts bin. Forgot I had them. One is for an AR, the other a HK93, and the last a MP5.

Tx1hc58.jpg

8p5OszI.jpg

Here's the patent for it.

A muzzle stabilizer for a repeating firearm is described. The muzzle stabilizer includes a tubular body having two or more gas vents for venting gas in an average direction that exerts a corrective force for counterbalancing muzzle climb during periods of repeating discharges. An attachment flange, which has a coupler adapted to mate with a corresponding coupler on the end of the muzzle of the firearm, is disposed at a first end of the tubular body. A gas regulator is engaged with a second end of the tubular body for adjusting the venting of gas through at least one of the gas vents. The gas vents can include a plurality of ninety-degree vents of graduated sizes radially arranged about the tubular body. The muzzle stabilizer can include a multistage expansion chamber through which high pressure and temperature gas expands before it is vented through the gas vents.

Tailflash

That thing is pretty complex. That thin 'tool' looks like it has a free hand slicer feature built into it...

Prez

I was hoping to see a Fabian Bros Mil-Brake muzzle brake, but that’s pretty neat.

MMissile

That's really neat. It's amazing, what people will do to build a better mouse-trap. I can't remember who made the one on a 91 I bought. It's very complicated, large, and heavy. I'll have to get a better pic. The pic I have, is too large to load.